“Jake W was so rude! Worst service I have ever had.”

TGI Fridays - Reading Oracle
Ranked #149 of 631 Restaurants in Reading
Description: Looking for fantastic American cuisine? We serve a delicious selection of American-inspired dishes. Choose from big eat burgers, sizzling chicken dishes and more. Delicious desserts and classic cocktails are also on offer, helping you to finish your meal in style.
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Just been for a quick bite to eat for dinner, started off well the host was lovely. Was served by the most obnoxious man ever- kept referring to me as ‘sweetheart’ and sat right next to us on the sofa that made me very uncomfortable. Food was edible. Then ‘Jake w’ came back over, proceeded to tell my friend that ‘he didn’t like him’ I turned around, baffled by the comment and he said ‘what? You’re acting like I’ve just insulted his mum or something’ I responded asking if he was genuinely starting an argument and he shrugged, aggressively passed the card machine over right in front of my face to my boyfriend and then walked off. I also need to point out that we were lovely to him, asked him how he was doing because it was bank holiday weekend and servers normally get the brunt of this. Absolutely shocked that this even happened, have never ever received service that bad. £85 down the drain

Date of visit: May 2021
Fridays UK, Marketing at TGI Fridays - Reading Oracle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Hi, we're sorry to see that you were unhappy with your recent visit to our Reading Oracle restaurant. If you head to https://www.tgifridays.co.uk/get-in-touch/ and select 'Send a Message' a member of our team will review your feedback and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Many thanks,
Team Fridays

Write a reviewReviews (293)

Reviewed 18 December 2020

Waiter asked for the name and reference and told me to wait 7 minutes stood there for about 20 mins while 3 waiters walked passed multiple times didn’t try help, tried to get one of the waiters attention was told to wait. worst customer service ever. My order was sitting on the table very poor communication from staff.

1  Thank Adz33489
Fridays UK, Marketing at TGI Fridays - Reading Oracle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

We're sorry to hear this. It doesn't sound like your recent experience was up to our usual Fridays standards. Please get in touch via https://www.tgifridays.co.uk/get-in-touch/ so we can look into this for you. Thank you, Fridays Team

Reviewed 8 December 2020

Poor service from our cocky waiter Jake who had all the chat but no action, food was average, overall a very disappointing experience

Date of visit: December 2020
Fridays UK, Marketing at TGI Fridays - Reading Oracle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2020

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your recent experience at our restaurant. The quality of our service and menu is really important to us and we've taken onboard your feedback to improve our guest experiences. If you'd like to discuss your visit further please get in touch via www.tgifridayscontactus.co.uk and we’ll happily look into this for you. Thank you, Fridays Team

Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

I’ve never been a fan of TGI it’s so over rated, went Saturday night they had run out of sour cream why would you not go buy some! The service was slow and the food was tepid, don’t dare go if you have allergies because they will lecture you if you dare to disagree with them over what you can and can’t have.

Date of visit: December 2020
Fridays UK, Marketing at TGI Fridays - Reading Oracle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Thank you for visiting our restaurant. We are sorry your recent experience wasn't up to our usual Fridays standards. Please get in touch via www.tgifridayscontactus.co.uk and we’ll happily look into this for you. Thank you, Fridays Team

Reviewed 30 October 2020

Hope was a great sever and kept us all entertained and made sure we was all happy with our meal. Will definitely come back

Date of visit: October 2020