“Amazing and wonderful. A Gem in Reading”
Review of Kyrenia

Kyrenia
Ranked #62 of 658 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kyrenia offers a wide range of authentic Greek and Cypriot dishes, from simple souvlakia to generous and varied meze selections. Kyrenia also offers special lunchtime and midweek menus.
Reviewed 23 November 2015

Oh wow... I am in love with this place. I have not been trying any Greek Food before and I was not really keen on doing so as I do not like to eat out of my comfort zone when I like a nice night out. Not saying I don't like to try new things, not at all. I am a Chef after all so I have to try new things all the time. I mean more, I usually don't like to experiment if I am out with my loved ones as it could end in me not wanting to be there and leaving hungry just to go back to a place I know. (It happened before)
I was Invited by some Friends for their annual Birthday Celebration alongside with 12 other people. All I was asked in the beginning is if I want meat or fish or Vegetarian. I decided to go for meat as Ive heard that Greek Style Lamb is very close to Italian Style or even Lebanese Style Lamb. It was Four courses comprising a wide selection of hot and cold starters, main dishes and salads, followed by fresh fruit, as I read the menu. And at 23 pounds per head it was not a bad price for 4 courses. We go served absolutely lots of food, from olives, tzatziki, houmous, taramosalata, patatosalata, panzarosalata, tabouleh, pitta bread, grilled halloumi, dolmades, kalamari, fasolia, Greek salad, souvlakia, keftedes & kletfiko, Lamb, Chicken Skewer and fresh fruit at the end. It all tasted absolutely stunning, every Dish, every little Salad, it was just to die for. I have been shown what "real" food from a different country is all about. The Service was absolutely great and the wine selection was perfect as they had my absolut favourite white wine of all time which is Sancerre!
I am sure I will be back many times and I will bring friends and family along to as this establishment has to stay with us for many years. A rare find between all those Chain Restaurants in Reading and one worth supporting all the way!

1  Thank ChefTucci

Reviewed 19 November 2015

Having read good reviews about this restaurant I was expecting a lot more from the restaurant. The food was very average , the starters were fine but my main course was not cooked and it had to be changed. The prices are high for what they offer, I have to say that I have had better kebab from a kebab shop.
Nice Greek background music but the team of 2 running the restaurant were not Greek!! Disappointed.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

We had such lovely family evening last Saturday in Kyrenia. Went here when it first opened and on our recent visit it was just as perfect. The food is a delight, the service is spot-on and the cost is pitched right. I want to go again!

Reviewed 8 November 2015

Having eaten at Kyrenia twice now I have to say it is a definite contender for best restaurant in Reading. Given the town centre is heavily dominated by chain restaurants, it's worth the walk over the new footbridge crossing the Thames and into Caversham to eat at such a great independent restaurant. The Mezze set meal is a great option but the individual meals are just as good. Some nice vegetarian options as well and puddings are to die for. I personally wasn't a fan of the house red (a Cypriot wine which didn't pack much punch, but worth a go). There's plenty of other options though, so I'll choose something else next time we go (which I hope is very soon!)

Reviewed 27 October 2015

My husband and I visit the restaurant regularly - we just love the food and the great atmosphere as this is a quite small restaurant. We feel looked after by the staff who provide a great service and are always happy to have a chat. Great food in a great little restaurant.

3  Thank Nora W