“Fantastic!”

Kyrenia
Ranked #63 of 669 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kyrenia offers a wide range of authentic Greek and Cypriot dishes, from simple souvlakia to generous and varied meze selections. Kyrenia also offers special lunchtime and midweek menus.
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Had been really craving a nice Greek meal and found this place in Caversham. Was not disappointed at all, the food was simply fantastic. We started with a few starters, some Halloumi, Tzatziki and my absolute favourite, Dolmades. All were well prepared and presented and were a delicious start to the meal. For a main me and my girlfriend both went for Beef Stifado, a favourite of ours from our visits to Cyprus... again I could find nothing to fault it... the sauce was rich and flavourful and the beef was soft enough to break up easily but not overcooked to the point it lost it's flavour and texture, it was spot on. Some potatoes and courgette on the side were just great as well. The portion sizes are a little smaller than you'd perhaps expect for a Greek restaurant (they do like big portions) but nothing to complain about, and everything hit the spot just right.

I will definitely be looking to come here again, just to try the other items on the menu as hard as it will be to stray from my beloved Stifado!

1  Thank danielmclegg

Reviewed 1 September 2015

I visited the restaurant two times and I tried different starters and mains. The quality of the food is fine but I was disappointed by the size of the portions (very small) and by the price (expensive).

1  Thank FedericoMelis
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We recently went to Kyrenia on a Tuesday to take advantage of their 2-4-1 special. We used that cost-saving as an excuse to get a bottle of wine. We began with the mixed/sharing starter. Everything was delicious and fresh, with the olives being particularly nice (not too bitter/tangy, lots of flavor).

For mains we got the quintessential kleftiko and vegetarian mousakka. Both were delicious, fully of flavor, and hearty portions. We've had better elsewhere, but we also paid a lot more.

Service was very friendly, helpful, and prompt, nothing but smiles from everyone--and this was with a completely full restaurant. With good food and great service, we couldn't have asked for anything to be better.

1  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Four of us ate at the Kyrenia on Friday evening (booked table in advance).
We went for the seafood meze and really couldn't fault it.
The owners are very friendly and the service was excellent.
All four of us enjoyed our food and the whole experience.
Already looking forward to our next visit......
Fantastic.

3  Thank PaulW1969
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Good variety on the menu for most types of Greek fares. Appetizers are great and could have just eaten them!

Lamb was excellent and done just right. My partners vegetable moussaka was very good also. Nice variety of wines. We were too full for deserts.

Service was good and staff were pleasant.

Reservations recommended as it is a busy place.

1  Thank ALSto