“Mediterranean Dishes in The Cowley Road”
Review of Le Kesh

Le Kesh
Ranked #23 of 687 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Le Kesh takes you on a Mediterranean culinary voyage from Beirut to Marrakesh. It hosts a range of traditional dishes such as the famous Moroccan Tagines with its very own twist, which can be accompanied by a range of wines from different part of the globe. The warm, welcoming décor and the soft fusion of music echoing in the background will leaving you wishing to bottle the ambience to take away with you. Our chef arranges a daily special for those who dare to want more at weekends! For those who want to escape the city try out our garden which will take you to the atlas mountains decor... We cater for all sizes of parties with party menus available. Please enquire for more information on any upcoming event or bookings.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is one of many restaurants along the Cowley Road, Oxford. We both chose the special deal of two courses and a glass of wine for £12-50. All the dishes were delicious and were excellent value for money.Next time we will explore the a la carte menu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although we had not booked and the restaurant was busy a table was found and the 2 of us spent a very enjoyable evening. Delicious food, friendly service and good value for money.

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is Not clean enough

The god has very Bad taste

Very bad presentation of the food
I wouldn’t recommend this restaurant

selim B, General Manager at Le Kesh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We do not normally reply to our customers whether they leave good reviews or bad ones.

In fact we take on any recommendation with great care and try to improve our service with the help of our customers.

We work very hard and have been doing so for many years now, and should we leave your review unanswered it could be mistaken of us agreeing with your assessment.

We are not sure as to how do you measure the cleanness of anything but we can assure you that there is not a day that goes by where every aspect of the venue is cleaned and every Wednesday a deep clean is conducted.

We are not sure what you mean by "God" but we will assume you meant food as it is what we serve at our restaurant, we will leave to the fact that thousands of people come through our venue every year and had wonderful words to use for our food and when we do make mistakes we are the first to put our hands up.

The good news for you is that there are plenty of chains in the new Westgate to go to as we wouldn't want you to recommend us, and the vague comments lead us to doubt its veracity, and we feel that in the new era of Fake news it is always easy to hit on the small independent hard working honest venues.

We can assure our customers we will keep working very hard and improve when we can and listen to positive criticism to make things better.

Regards

Reviewed February 16, 2018

We went in for a quick meal on a Monday night before a gig at the O2. Amazing atmosphere, fantastic food, good service and great price (as we had the week day 2 course special). I can't really fault it, so I've given it a 5 star. Highly recommend for a good cheap meal.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

My sister and I were going to a gig at the 02 Academy and this restaurants location was perfect for a pre-gig dinner. I am vegan and I checked that there was something on the menu I could eat - the staff were incredibly helpful and advised fully on all available dishes. I ended up having the Moroccan Moussaka (it had no cheese) which was delicious, and my sister (non-vegan) had a Meatball Tagine and she said it was also delicious. The staff were very attentive and friendly, the service excellent, and the restaurant had an authentic Moroccan feel to it. You can also indulge in Shisha in the garden (which was beautifully designed Moroccan style) though I didn't myself.