“Average and price above average”

Hollywood Bowl Oxford
Ranked #26 of 27 Fun & Games in Oxford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An exciting, modern bowling venue embracing the latest in modern technology. We have bowling lanes, Hollywood Bar an Diner as well as our play for prizes and latest video arcade amusement area all the family can enjoy themselves at this exciting venue. Book today to experience your taste of Hollywood in Oxford!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A good afternoon for kids BUT don't expect the bowls to run true and care with the finger grip as they are all none standard.
People who bowl would laugh at the place but it does provide entertainment for children and if nothing better to do ,pay the high price per game and have fun.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Been here before so I knew what to expect and not much has changed. The family had fun and it was good for 2 hours. Beyond that its just too repetitive. The place is usually full of people and understaffed. It's also a bit pricey but if you only go once in a while its bearable. Best to book online in order to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had book a VIP lane for 7 children and 6 adults for 3.30 in the afternoon. We arrived early and were given a buzzer to say when the line was ready. by 3.45 i had to ask at the desk if our line was ready to be told no its wasn't even though the people before use had finished their game and where just sitting there, also then told to write everyone names down even though we had done this on booking. At 4 went back to the desk and spoke to the manger to ask what was going on and explain that we had a table booked for food at 5.30 and now would be running late. The manger was rude and spoke back to me as some the worked in retail for 14 year this is not how i would resolve a matter. Finally our lane was ready but they had not cleared the rubbish from previous people that had played and sorted the lane ready so i walk down the lane to move ball so we could start our game then to be rudely told by a member of staff to get off the lane. I would never go back here, I drive to Swindon from now on!

1  Thank Gethin E
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We attended a children’s birthday party. We left with ears ringing. Staff unhelpful and uninterested and generally lacking. Could have been so much better.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say!!! I came out with a headache! No one in a pink shirt can answer or solve any problems for you, and there were many, unless you queue at the front desk (yet again). In total I queued x4, 20mins each time. Firstly to get in, then to report fault with an arcade machine, then to remove the giant green 'start game logo' from pur bowling game and then to reclaim tickets for a prize.....MY GOD! Shoot me now.....this place may look prettier than before but the service is shocking....there is no system for people needing assistance with different issues, people queuing to the side of the actual queue and pushing in and being seen to before those that have been stood in line for 20+ minutes. The manager was running around like a Looney dealing with everything and there was no responsability on other members of staff..... this could clearly stop the chaos. I understand it was really busy but to have to stand in a 20 man deep queue every time I had an issue was a joke......and to add insult the pins kept getting stuck and the computer kept messing around.
I will not be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank Skinny84