“Late Breakfast”

Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I decided to take a late breakfast; consequently we called into Patisserie Valerie in the arcade. We immediately found a seat and we were quickly served by a friendly member of staff.

Our drinks arrived after a few minutes of being ordered and our food order followed shortly after. I had Eggs Benedict Royale and my wife had Eggs Benedict with Bacon.

On arrival I would say that the food was warm only - it certainly was not hot. The sauce had gone thicker as it had gone, and disappointingly the eggs were hard - not at all runny like it should be.

At the end if our meal a member of staff collected our plates and asked if we enjoyed the meal, to which I informed her that the eggs were hard and it was not as hot as it could be. The member of made a mild acknowledgement to my observations and then left. We then left the coffee shop.

In summary we were hoping for a nice breakfast and we were prepared to pay a little bit more for the quality, and that is why we specifically went to Patisserie Valarie. Unfortunately on this day it was not to the standard as we expected (not Royale), which we have received at other Patisserie Valarie outlets. Perhaps next time it will be better.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

had coffee and croissant coffee was good but the croissant was not even suitable to feed to a animal just a big lump of greasy un cooked dough in the centre a complete insult first and last visit

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Went for Tea for Two package which was a gift from Xmas. Pleasantly surprised at quality and value for money. Our waiter was excellent, very attentive even though place was busy. Manager friendly. Nice touch that we were allowed to choose a cake to take away with us. You are able to have as many hot drinks as you wish. Quite impressed:)

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Visited today (Tuesday morning) to take advantage of a free coffee from an app. Sarah our server was very helpful, offering a hot drink straight away whilst we chose from the menu. I asked for decaf and she checked the delivery that had just arrived to get it. We both had Pain au Raisin, which she asked if we wanted warmed. Great service, pleasant staff. I can only assume that some previous reviewers did not see the same staff member as the service was very good today. Would definitely call again.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for a coffee after doing some afternoon shopping. The upstairs toilet was disgusting, wee all over the floor and no toilet paper. Went to use the downstairs toilet after the supervisor told me where to go. The very rude girl who was in there (with no sign to say it was not in use) said you can’t use this toilet I’m cleaning it. Will never go back to this place. If you want good customer service and a relaxing atmosphere this is not the place to go too.