“Would walk for days!”

Ranked #92 of 129 things to do in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Burntstump country park is a great walk with, or without a dog! There is a huge cricket pitch which can become over crowded with families and picnics on hot days (not that we have many of those!). There is an Inn at the top of the field, at the entrance which serves food and drinks, definitely recommend trying it out!

Bring your camera, a picnic and your walking shoes!

All reviews
"trees"
"picnic"
"play"

Reviewed February 4, 2018

its a nice short walk ideal for walking your dog and a very nice pub restaurant serving good food local name it bun stump

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure in visiting the pub a few nights ago whilst waiting for my mother in law who was at the Park Hospital having a procedure. My husband and I popped in to kill a few hours, it was a very wet cold night outside but the pub was very warm and welcoming, it was clean and tidy and the staff were very polite and eager to assist, we had coffee to start to take the chill off then we decided to have a snack we were not starving so we just had a combo to share and it was delicious and a lot bigger than we expected !!!! We also joined the free WiFi to surf for a nice get away for a few days the signal was very strong and easy to access. We had another coffee and then had to leave. We went at about 5pm so it was quite but I would imagine it could get rather busy but there was plenty of staff milling around so I don’t expect it would be a problem to get good service. I would highly recommend visiting this establishment, we will certainly be returning. Very reasonable prices too

Reviewed October 19, 2017

We used to visit this place regularly when we had a dog, but it is some time since our last visit. Large open area with picnic tables, also woodland and duckpond.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I decided to take a trip out of Nottingham to Burnstump Park with my 7yrs old son. My first impressions was that it is such a lovely area to walk around. We took our own sandwiches to have a mini picnic and walked to where the picnic area is. The whole area is full of big chunks of broken glass they do look like pint glass/wine glass but it is all over the place which is a very concerning as even on the day we went (not busy) there were plenty of people walking around with young children and dogs on leads, Anyone of those visiting could of been hurt with stepping on the glass lucky for us we had decent shoes on so we managed not to get any injuries but all it would take is for you to fall over and it would be a visit to the local hospital. It was such a shame that due to irresponsible people leaving their rubbish around I could not really let my son play in the area due to the glass surrounding us. All it takes is for people to put the rubbish in the bin provided in the picnic area. It was a nice afternoon out and lovely place to walk around but I only scoring it as average due to the glass (I am not joking the while area is covered in broken glass) .

1  Thank redstar1972