“Thursday Lunch Treat”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 112 Restaurants in Hexham
Price range: US$21 - US$57
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Winner of the Best European Restaurant honour at the North East Restaurant Awards and conveniently situated opposite Hexham old swimming pool on Gilesgate, Bouchon Bistrot serves straightforward country style French cuisine, including daily specials in the evening. Born in the Loire Valley and having plenty of experience from working in Michelin starred restaurants throughout France, the owner of Bouchon Bistrot is an expert when it comes to traditional country cooking in France. The culinary delights of the French countryside have now been brought to the North of England and are served in Bouchon Bistrot at reasonable prices. Sample tasty starters such as Pork Terrine with herb salad, followed by delicious main courses including Roasted Skate Wing with beurre noisette and capers. With each dish prepared and cooked in a simple fashion, Bouchon Bistrot is the ideal spot to enjoy an informal and family-friendly dining atmosphere in the heart of Hexham.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazing little French restaurant tucked away in a side street in Hexham. Owned and run by French people who deliver a menu and service of the highest standard at a very reasonable price. Totally recommend as a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sophisticated classic French food, keenly priced, loyal local clientele. Passionate owners. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Back again for a sneaky little lunch....

The lunchtime specials menu didn't match the website but was much more my taste!

Recently introduced aperitif snacks are a great idea! The pissaladiere was delicious and led nicely into a ham and celeriac starter which was light and full of flavour.
I followed this with the tolouse sausage on a bed of puy lentils which was cooked perfectly. Had to make sure I left room to enjoy the cheese for dessert (I just love the monks head cheese).

A really nice spring lunch with good service. Pity the weather outside was more wintery than spring........

Back soon for an evening feast I think.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always a fabulous meal here, keep coming back time and time again. Food is always amazing, and reasonably priced. Good wine selection and fantastic service.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We were staying in the area while house hunting. Our AirBnB had a card for Bouchon and we thought we'd try it. We have eaten at many 1 and 2 Michelin star places, we like our food and we were not disappointed. I'm afraid I didn't catch the name of our waiter the evening of Monday 12th March, but I have to say he was great. The food was superb, unpretentious, very reasonably priced and pretty as a picture. If, like me, you don't like your lamb too pink, just ask for it to be cooked for a little bit longer. The waiter will give you that knowing Gallic look, smile politely and promptly go into the kitchen and ask the Chef to murder your lamb. Which Chef will do for you and it will still taste fabulous. Usually I won't have 3 courses, but last night I did and I ate all of it. Not that the portions were small, they weren't, I was just determined to eat as much as I could possibly manage. Suffice to say, we will be back!

2  Thank DevonMillieBrown