“Best pancakes ever”
Review of Zest cafe - CLOSED

Zest cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: If your looking for something different then this is the place we specialise in fair trade, organic food and coffe,fresh tasty meals, from different parts of the world , homemade hamburgers, to cold sandwiches, jacket potatoes,Philly cheese steaksteak, gluten free and vegetarian options. Stop by today for sit down service or a take away.
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Felt like I was on a visit to the states with the amazing buttermilk pancakes I had on a visit to Zest! Handy location, friendly staff and popular place!

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been in this wonderful quirky cafe a few times now but unfortunately my working hours mean I can’t often get in as often as I’d like!
However twice now we’ve had Nico cater for us privately and the food has been outstanding! Absolutely wonderful his energy and flair is a joy!
We had an Italian theme the last time and it was all delicious I’ve attached couple of photos! The tiramisu was just amazing.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Loved the friendly atmosphere in this delightful little cafe. We ordered the full English breakfast which was freshly cooked and delicious. It was accompanied by toast, and steaming hot fresh tea served in a proper teapot. Great to be offered a top up of hot water too. I was attracted to the dishes being served to other customers so can’t wait to go back and try those sometime!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Our office comes here every other month for lunch. Its an intimate but colourful, modern setting. The food is great, especially the jacket potatoes! The foreign staff are friendly in a very casual way, I suppose some would see them as abrupt, but its definitely a culture thing. They aren't the stuffy English type some would want/expect in a Hexham café - that's why I like it. Just go, its lovely.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This Saturday our breakfast hunt took us to Hexham, a bit further than usual but it's a nice market town and the sun was shining so nice day for a drive. Extremely friendly welcome by the American (I think) people who ran Zest. Small but immaculately clean Zest has a good atmosphere. Food was good and a full breakfast (sans beans!) was £5.50 so as the title suggests good value for money. Excellent tea and coffee.