The Walnut Tree Inn
US$83
US$99
Hopping Hare(Northampton)
US$88
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$93
Priceline
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$38
Travelodge
US$47
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrailway linecomedy nightgrand union canalstation hotelsunday roastthe pubfunction roomwedding breakfastcomfortable roomswedding receptionfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightlovely rooman evening mealwedding partyyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pleasant place but in need of a reburb! Over priced food and room rates in my opinion. £94 for large double room. Bed dipped in the middle, shower needed descaling and no window or extractor fan in bathroom.
It had rained a lot and there was many leaks in the ceilings around the building.
Staff are very nice and the bar area is very inviting with an open fire place and newly decorated.
Food over priced! I ordered turbot and had to pick 13 bones out of it!!! And paid £16 for the inconvenience.
Burger and chips £11.95! Lovely chips but nothing special to be honest.
Reception not manned enough waited long time to check out, staff member on his own cooking breakfast and reception! Shame.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

I am living on my narrow boat on the Grand Union canal at Gayton Junction just 15 minutes walk from this great little pub.
A friend who lives nearby suggested we meet up for dinner on March 1st.
A short while after arranging he phoned me to say that they had a comedy night on so we decided to try that out too.
I met him at the pub and we got a couple of drinks and found a table.
A look at the menu revealed that the food was mid-priced, neither bargain basement nor was it wildly expensive.
I ordered A Walnut Tree Burger with bacon which came with triple fried chips, whatever that means! My friend ordered hand battered cod and triple fried chips, there they are again!
The food was served in a timely manner and was on a plate, no pretentious slates or wooden boards here although the triple fried chips were stacked Jenga style in a small deep frying cage type thing, whatever they’re called.
My burger was delicious as were the triple fried chips, although I’d like to compare them to single fried and double fried chips one day although I suspect the chef may not be too happy when I place that order!

Plates empty and stomachs full we were ushered to the auditorium (back room with chairs and tables) for the comedy, having already paid for our tickets upon arrival.
Due to the inclement weather, snow and freezing temperature only 30 people turned up of the 90 tickets sold.
There were three acts in total plus a compere and the standard of the comedy was excellent.
All in all a great venue, great food, friendly staff and a great show.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

We came back to the Walnut tree for a three course dinner and stay over for Valentines weekend. We had our wedding reception here last year and loved it so much we keep coming back. Its the team that make this please so great, they are all so friendly and helpful, literally can’t do enough for you. The food as always was amazing, we had a great time! Without a doubt this is our favourite place ❤️

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2018

2 nights Feb 2018, Had room 5 The Bridal Suite. No phone in room so had to use mobile to call reception. Noisy guests in room 6 at 23:30 called reception and they quickly dealt with the problem. Poor selection on buffet table at breakfast. No fruit or self service coffee. Although the high speed railway is close by it didnt effect our sleep. Its a small hotel (11 rooms) but the reception needs to be staffed continually - we had to wait a couple of times. Heard talk about Blisworth Station being re-opened that would make this a goldmine.

Room Tip: The front rooms face the railway but view is better
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2018

I don't often write a review about a place I have stayed, but I was so impressed with the Walnut Tree at Blisworth I felt that I should. We where wedding guest, being held at the venue.
From the moment we arrived we where made to feel very welcome. All the staff, with out exception, where professional and curtious. Food was excellent and bedroom warm and comfortable. Couldn't recommend The Walnut Tree enough.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends