Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PremierInn.com
US$43
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews the pub hungry horse pub next door busy road cooked breakfast visiting family main building lovely room plenty of parking nice stay annex inns reception fayre pi hairdryer junction
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 May 2021

There was no wifi, the wifi available was free and it didn’t work. As the hotel is near a moterway there want very good signal, but don’t worry it’s only £5 a day for the wifi that does work!

No toilet paper whatsoever, instead they provide tissue paper which leaves ripped pieces as the dispenser doesn’t fit it correctly.

Only two pillows for a double bed, and bits of the room are falling of.
One of my evenings the blinds fell of when asked if it could be fixed I was told they were fully booked in the evening so I had to seep without a blind. Finally as it’s connected to a pub there was bearly any parking, as most was taken up by people going to the pub, or industrial trucks parked around for no reason?

I stayed for business as I recently got a graduate job here, I have stayed at a few other hotels over the past few weeks and I most certainly wouldn’t stay at this one again.

Date of stay: May 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 May 2021

Stayed here for 2 nights. Easy to find and good amount of parking.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful.
We were informed of rules etc due to covid by email in plenty of time before our trip.
Although the Queen Eleanor pub next door weren’t doing dine in (due to covid) we had an evening meal which we were able to take back to our rooms and an all day breakfast the following day (eaten in the outside dining area). The meals were lovely and good value for money and the staff were really friendly - would highly recommend!

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights this week. The room was standard PI clean and comfortable. The annex I stayed in doesn’t have air conditioning but was warm enough with the electric room heater on. This is an older building and you can here everything from the neighbouring rooms which can be annoying. Parking is no problem and the place next door food is good enough and cheap. I am working at the same site later this year and will find somewhere else to stay.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank petet125
Reviewed 18 February 2021

Bad experiences;

I booked a double room for 2 adults which was confirmed in an email - upon check in we were told it had been downgraded to a single room due to some Covid policy and we could only stay on business - this was despite us being a married couple who live together. We were attending a funeral which is legally permitted under lockdown and given as a valid reason to stay on their own posters. Apparently someone should have rung to explain but I got no such call.

We were eventually given a room and provided with extra towels to make it up to a double.

The next day a maid entered our room and partially made it up for the next guest whilst we were still using it! Check out should only be by returning the key card, notification to staff or time expiry - not because she thought our stuff was clear.

Apart from that the room was OK, being better appointed than the Travelodge where we normally stay.

There was a useful HDMI and USB connection point for the TV which let me stream a football match off my laptop. No USB power points so take your charger, though there are ample wall sockets and a hairdryer.

Pub next door was all shut due to lockdown but they allowed food delivery - I met the pizza driver in reception.

The site is a bit sprawled out, and our room was in the 'annex' part away from the main building. It was near the main road which meant a lot of traffic noise through the night, especially if you have the windows open to help with Covid ventilation.

Not much tea/coffee in the room though you can ask for more.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank g0akc
Whitbread Hotels and Restaurants, Other at Premier Inn Northampton South Wootton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Hello,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We're sorry to see that you had problems with service from the team at check-in, as well as issues with housekeeping and traffic noise from the nearby road during the night. We can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you.

We're able to accept bookings for work and in line with government exemptions, so we're sorry that you faced problems with this at check-in as prior calls hadn't been made by the hotel team about your booking. It's also disappointing to see that the team began the process of clearing your room before check-out was completed, that you found not enough tea & coffee was provided and that you experienced noise through the night.

We've passed your comments to the Hotel Management for review. They'll make sure this is addressed with the Housekeeping and Reception teams and any required action taken. Although we can't completely control noise levels, the team will also do what they can to reduce disturbance and to allocate guest rooms away from potential noise moving forward.

Again, our sincere apologies and thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to one of our hotels again soon for a more enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,

Lauren

Reviewed 1 November 2020

I stay at many Premier Inns and this was one of the nicest.

The room was spacious and clean, the TV was big and the staff were courteous and helpful. There was plenty of parking and a nice pub next door.

Date of stay: October 2020