“Not very impressed with my recent visits.”
Review of Whitehills

Whitehills
Ranked #51 of 633 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly local pub offering food that is excellent value for money and are part of The Flaming Grill brand. Come and celebrate any occasion with us, with warm friendly service and a host of entertainment throughout the week.
Reviewed 7 February 2019

My brother has recently moved into a care home nearby so for the last 3 Mondays I have taken him to The Whitehills for lunch. I think it must be new management in there as each time there has been a problem . The first Monday we were told that the "skillets " had gone for repair so our "sizzling meal" would be on a normal plate and they had run out of peas (no alternative offered) . The following week they were still waiting for the "skillets" so we ordered Cod and Chips ,only to be told they had run out of Cod. This week ( again on a Monday ) the skillets were still being repaired so my brother ordered Mushroom pie ( he is 87 so can only eat soft food ) the pie was rock hard and neither me or my brother could cut it - neither could the waitress. He was given another pie which was "ok" .when we went to the bar to pay the cook came out so I told her about the pie. She replied " I know,we have 2 settings on the oven and he set it on the higher one,but I have told him now " - no apology or refund. Very disappointed as I last visited the Whitehills 2 years ago and couldn't fault it . I hate complaining - sorry .

Date of visit: February 2019
3  Thank Doreen W

Reviewed 4 February 2019

Went on Sunday lunch following recent renovations. The food choices were wide and good for meat lovers, especially beef which seems to be the specialty of the place.
The food service was quick and the food and drinks were all good and reasonably priced.
It’s obviously not marketed at veggie / vegan so no criticism of the limited veggie choices.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 25 January 2019 via mobile

Me and my partner came in for a meal on a Thursday which we didn’t realise was quiz night. It was extremely busy so we thought maybe the service wouldn’t be so great. We were completely wrong. The service was amazing, the food was delicious and the bar staff were super friendly. We even decided to stay for the quiz as we were enjoying our time. The atmosphere was lovely. Will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank pixiehollow1
Reviewed 20 January 2019

Food and atmosphere very good. Vegetables with roast were under cooked, hard and me and son could'nt eat them...

2  Thank Christophercritic
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Been for food a couple times since the new management have taken over and what an improvement! Food is amazing and staff very friendly and welcoming, definitely recommend!

1  Thank RachelEllen98
Paul T, General Manager at Whitehills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2019

Rachel it was lovely serving you and we are so glad that you enjoyed the food and your evening. Our staff have been working hard on improving the food and the service. Thank you.

Michelle