“Good Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #55 of 633 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Brampton Halt is an idyllic country pub-restaurant situated in the picturesque village of Chapel Brampton. Overlooking the lake and beautiful countryside, The Brampton Halt is the ideal place to relax and unwind. Our menu, wine list and extensive selection of real ales coupled with an experienced and dedicated team of staff makes The Brampton Halt the perfect choice for families and friends. The Menu includes classics such as steaks, chops, burgers, pasta and much more. The Brampton Halt has become known for its excellent events, whether it be beer festivals, street food festivals, live music, summer BBQ's or winter fireworks, not forgetting the amazing marquee, ideal for weddings, parties, family events or private functions. Call now to book a table and experience The Brampton Halt for yourself. When visiting, don't forget to pick up your McManus Loyalty Card for current deals and promotions.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I went here on a family lunch on a Sunday in February. Initially I waited some time at the bar whilst one member of staff attempted to serve the entire pub, so I felt that the service was not going to be great. I was however, corrected once at the table where the service was good. Food was good and reasonably priced although I felt the balance of meat to veg weighed heavily towards meat. The roast chicken that I ordered was a sizeable half of chicken. Overall I was quite pleased with the meal and would recommend the Sunday lunch.

Date of visit: February 2019
Brampton H, Manager at The Brampton Halt, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review its always good to know where we can improve.

I take it on board and we will ensure we give more vegetables next time.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon hopefully with more sunny days to come.

Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

We haven’t eaten here for about a year, although we often come for a drink at weekends. I was extremely disappointed with the quality and presentation of the food; very expensive for what we ate. Four of us had a drink and a main course and it came to £70. If it had been high quality I wouldn’t have minded, but the standard of food was basic at best. We were planning to eat here with friends in a couple of weeks, but will suggest a different venue.
What a shame.

Date of visit: February 2019

Good afternoon , I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit. If you would like to discuss it further please email us at bramptonhalt@mcmanuspub.co.uk

Reviewed 3 February 2019

A lovely pub food great staff very helpful but I would recommend you book it is always busy, in the summer it is lovely to seat outside,

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 January 2019 via mobile

This fantastic pub/restaurant never fails to impress. Great choice of food - the pork belly is simply fabulous - and drinks, supported by friendly and attentive staff. Usually very busy so it pays to pre-book. Lots of free and safe parking. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

Sandwiches are £6.95 which is about average for a pub however the bread was stale and the fillings were soggy. The side salad was obviously straight out of a bag and so old it was inedible (brown and soggy in places). £3.50 for a bowl of chips which, although nice, were more of a roast potato than a chip. Friendly staff and a well informed bar tender were the highlights of our visit.

Date of visit: January 2019