All reviews secure parking town centre a family run hotel full english beans cooked breakfast fantastic value family room bit dated excellent breakfast room was clean and comfortable budget hotel main road following morning mary racecourse fridge
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Let's start with the car park. Just OMG!!! getting to this was a mission. Pole holes galore. Then it's just a free for all cars blocking other cars in to then get phone calls at 7am to move the car to let another out. Now the room when me and my partner went in the bed sloped inward. We decided to flip the mattress to see if that helped which it did. Also so glad for mattress protectors as the mattress was stained with what looked like pee stains. There were marks on the walls and the shower didn't work too well. It was one of those dual shower bath taps. The bath part kept dripping all the time so not full pressure in the shower. Breakfast first morning I wasn't impressed with the bacon was rock hard. Second morning much better. The eggs were lovely. Would have preferred a little less on the table maybe a table with the cereal and juice on it so that if you wanted that you could help yourself. To be fair overall it was OK for what we paid. Would have liked it a bit cleaner. That is my main concern.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Stayed here for one night as myself and my dad needed to be close to the university for the next day's open day. As some of the other reviews have suggested, the rooms are a little tired and probably in need of a bit of a spruce up and being honest, I probably felt it could be a bit cleaner but I am a bit wary about cleanliness per se so it may be more of a personal thing. For the price that you're paying it isn't so bad and when we booked we got breakfast included which was a nice touch and you'd probably expect to pay extra for that if you were to stay in a different budget hotel chain's hotel. The staff are accommodating, polite and overall this hotel fits all your basic needs which if you're in Northampton for business or something like visiting the uni like I was then it's great for that.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is a hotel for trades people and mostly long stay. The owners are available to meet needs. The hotel is tired but clean and towels and bed linen clean. I personally wouldn’t stay again mostly because it realy isn’t a hotel for a woman travelling alone.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Stayed there this week on business having stayed at the Travelodge the previous week. About the same price but in my opinion a far nicer hotel. Maybe not as modern as the Travelodge but more than made up for by the staff and service.

Rooms are clean and tidy with plenty of storage. Clean hot shower with free wifi that works really well (wifi at the Travelodge £3 per night). Room service changed all the normal things daily and free tea and coffee making facilities in room.

The included breakfast is excellent and gets you off to a good start for the day -- no breakfast at the Travelodge.

The owners of the hotel are very friendly nad approachable.

I have never written a review on here before but I thought this hotel worthy of a good review.

If you are lloking for a budget hotel in Northampton this will take some beating. I will be in Northampton in a months time on business again and this is where I willl be staying.

Enough said !!!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank tigertiling
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Large building. Bright & Clean but here and there needs a little tlc. Room spacious with plenty of storage. WIFI. Large dinning room. ( didn't eat there) Check when car park locked as drive to it not easy Make sure you request lower floor if you have disability as long walk up stairs.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple