“Fantastic coffee and excellent bacon sandwich ”

Croque Monsieur - Bootham Bar
Ranked #262 of 945 Restaurants in York
Description: A local independent coffee/sandwich shop serving a fantastic blend of Limini coffee, freshly made sandwiches and great local cakes. Stunning environment inside the Victorian bar wall with a glass floor revealing the original Roman wall excavation and the corner stone of the Roman fortress gates of Eboracum. Drink with the Romans!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

You can be forgiven for missing this little gem as it’s right next to Bootham bar. For those of you locals it’s where the old toilets were next to the bar! In the cafe area there is a glass floor with an old Roman wall which was found under the cafe. I’ve got to say that it’s one of the Best coffees that I have ever had and the bacon sandwich was brilliant. The place opens from 9am even on a Sunday. The staff were friendly and family friendly. They also sell sandwiches and soup so a great place to stop off for lunch. When we are back in York we will definitely revisit. I would recommend this cafe.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went twice here on a weekend. Decent range of sandwhiches etc for breakfast / lunch and nice staff. Decor etc really nice and it is independent and not part of a chain.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

Popped in here when in the city centre as some friends had mentioned this place to us. Superb is all I can say, lovely coffee, sandwich and a cake, hubby tried the soup and was more than impressed. Definitely coming back again soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Was walking into town after dropping a friend off at the hospital, looking for breakfast, saw this cafe and decided to visit. Decent cup of coffee, Cumberland sausage bun ok but could have been a touch more tasty but then I like a spicy sausage. I will certainly call again, maybe try something different.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Ordered some lunch and hot drinks after our very chilly walking tour through the town. My friend tried the fishfinger ciabatta, the real hot chocolate and cookie dough caramel slice which she thought was delicious! I ordered the bacon, brie and cranberry ciabatta, tea and lemon drizzle cake which was also delicious. Girls that served us were very accomdating, short wait for food and drinks, came out very presentable and hot, and more importantly were within a decent price range - did help I had 20% off with my Theatre Royal card. Well placed opposite the Art Gallery and by the Theatre can imagine its very popular, certainly was busy when we were in, of course the outside area was cordoned off due to the freezing snowy weather. Definitely recommend and will sure to return before I head home