“Treat yourself.”
Review of Oxo's Restaurant

Oxo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Oxo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 990 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$8 - US$79
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Housed within the Mount Royale. Overlooking the English gardens is OXO'S on the Mount. Serving the best locally sourced ingredients cooked with Passion and Pride. York Where the streets are Gates The Gates are BarsAnd the Bars are Pubs
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This restaurant is attached to the mount royale hotel and guests need not venture out if they don't wish to. We decided to go here on our last night for a treat as its not the cheapest but definetly one of the best eating places I can honestly say I've been in and I'm very fussy as my husband can testify to. They do a set menu of a three course meal for 30 pound and you get a free glass of wine. The food was tasty, nicely cooked and hot. The desserts are to die for and I wanted to take the chef home with me. Even if you don't stay at this hotel on your visit to york I would still give this restaurant a visit as its well worth it.

1  Thank ronkers1

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was our 1st meal out in York and WOW!

Don't let 1st impressions guide you? Yes it looks old and a tad stuffy but remember you're there for the food, which was absolutely exquisite. Not one plate that came up had any fault and was delicious. The cheese board was also 1st class. We had to ask the Maiterde to compliment the chefs.

The wine list was extensive and well priced. The staff and waiters were also great and very attentive, although (and its one of my pet hates). It would be better if they remembered who ordered what...? Rather than 'who's having...' we were only a table of 3, it's not difficult. But it adds a massive touch of care.

Would this detail stop me going, absolutely not. It's a must visit restaurant for something a bit classier.

1  Thank tristan s
Reviewed 28 March 2018

myself and my wife recently had the chance to sample the delights of this restaurant on a stay in York sadly it did not live up to our expectations and we could see why there were very few people using this restaurant even people staying in the hotel it is attached to were not using it. Overall the restaurant looks to be very nice however the meals are very exspensive for the quality and the quanity for what was actually on the plate so much so that i had to give my wife part of my meal. As for the desserts if you closed your eyes you would not know what you were eating as it had no flavour at all. There is one good thing about this restaurant the restaurant manager (Julian ) is superb at his job and is an asset to the restaurant.

1  Thank MARTYN G
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

What a lovely family run restaurant within a hotel Oxo is. The staff were very friendly and polite, the surroundings chilled and relaxing and the Sunday lunch was delicious. For starter I had the pate which was so smooth with a lovely Sauternes jelly. My main course beef with Yorkshire pudding was to die for, the beef was cooked to perfection (pink) it just melted in your mouth. I just managed to squeeze a sticky toffee pudding which was 'three bear's of puddings just perfect.
I visit York 3 or 4 times a year visiting rellies, I'm sure we'll be dining here again in the very near future.

1  Thank SarahfromP
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We visited Oxo's to celebrate my wife and a friends birthday, everyone enjoyed the food and had a great evening.

I was a little worried about the place before I arrived, mainly due to reviews saying portions were small, they weren't the biggest, but they were a good size for such a good quality meal.

We will definitely be returning, and its a 140 mile round trip.....

2  Thank Dave R