Guy Fawkes Inn
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
1,503 results
All reviewsbelfry suitefour postergas lightsthe pubyork minstersteak pieblack puddingsteeped in historybeer gardenposter roombooked a tablenight porterghost walkroll top batha stones throwfantastic locationcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked to stay here for one night very last minute over Easter bank holiday. After visiting the pub a few times on previous visits, me and my partner were very excited to stay the night.
The staff were fantastic, the room was nice & clean with an amazing view of the minister, and as usual the beer was brilliant.
We are yet to eat in the restaurant, but after our fantastic experiences, we will definitely return!
Love the quirky and original character to the Inn, and the history behind it. Just a shame we didn’t see any spooks!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Hi

Thank you for your great review, We are all pleased to see your great comments regarding the service and the your room and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We checked in, and the place was amazing from the start! Very helpful & friendly staff, and what a beautiful Pub! If you can’t stay overnight you must have a pint here. The views from the room were amazing, the bells from Yorkminster were surreal. I highly recommend a night or even a week at this magnificent Inn!

Room Tip: Sit back and enjoy -stunning!
Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adam H, Manager at Guy Fawkes Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your 5* review! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited here for the second time over Easter weekend. Booked a table as there is only a limited number and knew it was popular. Really authentic inside and friendly service. We had soup and mushroom and goats cheese tartlet to start - both nice but would have preferred a different pastry to filo on the tart and the beetroot as stated on the menu was pretty much non-existent in the salad. Steak and chicken with gnocchi for mains went down an absolute treat. We shared an apple bramble crumble for dessert which was also lovely. Would definitely return again.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sunday lunch £12.95 for a choice of beef/pork/chicken - I couldn’t decide and being a meat fan I asked for both Pork and Beef. I stated that I was happy to pay extra for my request, what I didn’t expect was to be charged £19.95 and additional £7 for two slices of pork 55% additional cost at the price of lunch!! The food and service was fine but this extra charge I feel made the overall experience a bit of a let down. I didn’t challenge the bill I just paid and disappointedly walked out...would visit for a beer due to location but wouldn’t eat here again. Sorry the staff and service were spot on..

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This B&B place is a very old building with the rooms decorated according to history. The bar is also has a tasty kitchen besides beer and beverages. Location is wonderful for old town of York. I definiteley prefer this place again in York in the future

Stayed: May 2017

Hi

Thank you for your 4* review. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.