“Great place, great meals and GREAT STAFF.”

Pear Tree Farm, Dining & Carvery
Ranked #248 of 945 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to your local pub! Whether you live near or are just passing by we aim to provide the best dining and drinking experience for customers of all ages. Breakfast is served everyday from 8am- 11.30am. Monday - Saturday our carvery is served from 11.30am to 9pm & from 11am to 9pm on a Sunday. All this runs alongside an extensive food menu, making us the perfect choice for all occassions! Sam, Aoife & the team are looking forward to welcoming you!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Since discovering the delights of Farmhouse Inns at my local Pear Tree Farm in York, I have visited two others. I love the carveries and the cakes are as good as you will find anywhere. The other Inns were equally impressive for their food and drink. However, what makes my local stand out above the others is the high standards of the staff there. It makes the visits more enjoyable when you are dealt with by smiling, friendly, and super- efficient staff. Tracey and Fiona are great examples !

2  Thank eric w
Jodie B, Manager at Pear Tree Farm, Dining & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi eric w,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review. I have passed your comments onto Tracey & Fiona - who were delighted. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we have being going here to eat on our trips to York ,last time we thought it had gone off ,a one off, so today we went again the beef was so bad every piece I tried was stringy the parsnip's were so tough I could not cut them, the greens were hardly warm and when I was asked how my meal was I explained this and the young up start who asked me said we can get you some more beef and I explained they should not be selling such poor quality beef he said well I don't order it my comment was nor will I in future as I wont be coming again

1  Thank me2412018

Hi me2412018,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however I was disappointed to read you haven't enjoyed your most recent visits with us. The staff member should've made the carvery chef aware, who would've then removed the joint of beef from service and carved a fresh one. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Pear Tree Farm

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been working all day so i thought i'd go the Pear Tree for something to eat. Got as far as the car park and found it was laced (i've never seen so many) with ANPR cameras and threatening signs saying i would be fined £100 if i overstayed my welcome or did this that and the other. didn't feel welcomed at all hardly a good start to a couple of relaxing hours enjoying a meal, so voted with my feet and turned round and went to a more welcoming establishment elsewhere.

4  Thank john w

Hi john w,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. The cameras aren't there to be 'threatening' it's to ensure our car park is used by our customers and not surrounding offices and shops, especially with the hotel being built opposite and the loss of the 'overflow car park'. We do hope this doesn't put you off visiting us in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We again visited this venue and were not in the least disappointed.
We called in after shopping at the Vanguard Centre in Monk's Cross.
I started with garlic mushrooms and followed with the 'Carvery'.
My wife started with a prawn cocktail and followed with the 'Leg of Lamb'.
Both meals were really good and well presented and a credit to the Manger and his team.
I can honestly state that we have never had a poor meal at Pear Tree Farm, so long may they continue!!!

3  Thank Barry G

Hi Barry G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review. I'm delighted both you and your wife enjoy your visits here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Just been for breakfast this morning. Awful expected fresh cooked, no chance. Sausages hadn't even seen a grill were anaemic and tasteless mushrooms looked like yesterday's eggs well greasy. Toast hadn't even seen the grill, cup of tea not bad.
Wont be going there again.
Back to morrisons.

Hi Peter L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, however I was extremely disappointed to read you didn't enjoy your breakfast here with us. I trust these issues were dealt with accordingly on the day. If you'd like to discuss this in more detail then please don't hesitate to contact us.

Pear Tree Farm