6 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$159
Trip.comUS$154
PricelineUS$164
3,283 results
All reviews train station ncp car park modern hotel the breakfast area city centre the sofa bed excellent hotel buffet breakfast good size few minutes walk reception staff beans walk in shower would definitely stay here again within easy walking distance room was spotless short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Booked a room which was a double with a sofa bed- only had a double given to us, luckily we didn't need it but it was more about somewhere for my partner to sit while I got ready to go for dinner. However was clean with good air conditioning. Downside of the room is that around midnight and again at 6.30am could hear the showers of the room either side and voices within room, so clearly no sound proofing. Appreciate that we stayed on a  busy bank holiday weekend however I had called up asking for check in 30 minutes ahead of the usual 3pm arrivals and told this was fine- on arrival wasnt even asked my name before told we couldn't have access. Explained the situation to the receptionist who looked rather put out and then sorted it. Breakfast was shambolic!! Book a slot for the purpose of social distancing and there was no distancing in sight. People everywhere. Staff wearing masks under their chins.  One way marking on the floor, but yet people totalling ignoring it and the staff not saying a word. Breakfast felt extremely uncomfortable and I would love to see what public health England inspectors would have to say about it!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Stuart Clelland, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton by Hilton York.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in every aspect of your stay. Unfortunately, early check-in is subject to availability on arrival and if we have a room ready when you arrive we are more than happy to check you in right away but this cannot be guaranteed. Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast, we are doing our best to guide our guests on navigating breakfast safely and I understand that this can be difficult at busy times but we appreciate your feedback as we are constantly reviewing the systems we have in place.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton Toft Green, I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future. Also, you might like to try our brand new sister hotel Hampton Piccadilly for your next stay.

Leanne

Reviewed 31 May 2021

5 mins walk from the train station ... 5 min walk from restaurants and bars and shopping .... very clean room , tea and coffee making facilities in the room which you could just top up anytime , breakfast was good with a good choice and range of foods, staff friendly and helpful ... thanks , would book again for sure

Trip type: Traveled with family
Stuart Clelland, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

I am pleased that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.

Jade

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

If I could have given no stars I would. Will never use this hotel again. £500 for 2 nights and the service is awful. Arrived in York at 11.30am and went straight to the hotel. I fully appreciated that check in was at 3pm. I asked the receptionist Jade if the hotel could call to let us know when the room was ready and they said NO. Returned back to the hotel at 2.25pm and had to wait in a queue at reception due to people checking in and allocated their rooms. When we eventually got to speak to Jade again, we were advised that our room wasn’t ready. I enquired as to why the people in front of us had been allocated their rooms but ours still wasn’t ready despite paying the full balance for our stay at 11.30am upon check in. Jade just shrugged her shoulders. Hotel is unfriendly and extremely unhelpful.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Stuart Clelland, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2021

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am sorry to hear that you found our teams service unsatisfactory, please be assured that this has been passed onto the relevant department for review.

With regards to your comments on early check-in. Unfortunately, we can only guarantee our rooms from 3pm as stipulated at the time of booking. As we pre-allocate our rooms, this can mean that some guests can check-in early depending on if that room type is available or whether that room has already been cleaned by housekeeping. Unfortunately, we cannot call guests to notify them if a room is ready early however, if our guests would like to check-in early we are more than happy to be called, where we can then check this for you. If your room is not ready, our team are more than happy to store luggage.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Yasmine

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel at 11:45 to be told the rooms would not be ready before 3pm which is standard hotel policy. We asked if it was possible to get a phone call when the room was ready which Jade abruptly replied This is not possible. Arrived back at the hotel at 2:30 pm and 2 couples were able to check in and got there rooms right away but when we asked were very again abruptly told our room was still unavailable. When questioned about our room Jade again was very unhelpful and would not even listen to our request. Last time I will ever use this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Yasmine

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Great hotel in a quiet corner of York it’s only 5 min walk from train station and 10 min to centre of York past restaurants and cafes.
Great value. Decent breakfast and lovely and clean.
Helpful staff. Will be back

Trip type: Traveled with family

I am pleased that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.

Jade