“Can’t wait to go back”

Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Filmore and Union we have a huge passion for fresh, vibrant and healthy foods. Energizing breakfasts; inspirational lunches; wholesome suppers all made daily within our cool relaxed setting. F or dinner join us in our upstairs restaurant and maybe try the seared salmon with chilli, lime paprika, lemongrass and ginger on a bed of harissa potatoes and lentils all made with love and care from our open kitchen. Reservations advised. All day fabulous Sunday brunch, kids menu, fully licenced & Wi-Fi. The street level Deli offers bagels, salads, delicious juices, hearty soups & pastas as well as healthy cakes (even our chocolate brownies!)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is not a vegetarian restaurant but does have a good vegetarian selection. I went with my son and daughter-in-law who are vegetarian. I am not vegetarian but I ignored the meat dishes because the veggie choice was amazing. I was tempted by the soup of the day which was tomato, lime and fig but went for smashed avocado and feta on a bun topped with poached pear and a selection of salads.

Good selection of smoothies, coffees.

Didn’t really have room but managed the toasted fruit scone with turmeric and honey and Greek yogurt.

Staff were busy but very pleasant and effecient.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have visited Filmore and Union in Ilkley and now York several times and every time the food has been excellent and very tasty with a very good choice of dishes in all categories with clear explanation for those of us with food intolerance's. Dog's are made very welcome with a water bowl on offer if needed. Staff are lovely and friendly and the service is very efficient too.

1  Thank Christine D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Totally overpriced, mediocre cake and coffee for 4 totalling £40. Service and organisation poor coffee arrived then one cake all consumed by time other 3 cakes arrived they were so slow. Only had half a slice of cake my daughter ordered still £5! Many places in York with better coffee, cake, service, ambience at much better price. We would not recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very squashed experience at this eatery at John Lewis with too many tables crammed into the space. The cake was over £4 a slice and had no flavour whatsoever and crumbled badly which made it difficult to eat. We were brought hot milk to accompany our tea and had to ask for cold. Not great at all.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great full english breakfast here earlier this month. My girlfriend was also happy they had a vegetarian option for here as well.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 star is because they don't have ketchup for some reason and when I asked for some I was offered tomato chutney instead. Please simply overcome this food snobbery and offer ketchup - a full English isn't the same without it!

All in all however, a very nice establishment that I would definitely recommend.