1,933 results
All reviews york minster taxi rank kedgeree dch restaurant valet parking is minster bells lovely hotel perfect location eggs benedict no air conditioning breakfast was excellent visiting york small room booked this hotel family room train station within easy walking distance
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

I brought my wife here for her birthday and we had a wonderful weekend. The staff were extremely friendly and made my wife's birthday extra special. For breakfast the management made sure my wife had a table with a perfect view of the Minster, which she loved and a card was then left in our room with a gift. We stayed in the Langley Suite, which has an amazing view of the Minster and had extra amenities which made the weekend even more special. My wife didn't want to leave and I can't thank all the staff enough! We shall return very soon!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear CrowR81,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your wife's birthday treat last week. I am so pleased that you both enjoyed your stay, and we made your wife feel extra special. The Langley Suite is one of our newly re furbished suites, with out doubt, it has to have the best views of the Minster (50 yards away) from any hotel window in the City. Lets hope we both see you again soon, if not next year for her next birthday when you could try Suite 15,- Holgate Suite or indeed one of the newly furbished rooms in the 60s- ROOM 61 !!!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Booked a small double although the room we had was pretty big with a great view of the Minster. Agree with other reviews that their is noise from outside but it's to be expected with such a central location. Hotel room wasn't the most modern although it was clean and comfortable and rooms are currently being updated. Bed was very comfortable. The staff were exceptional and the service from checking in to checking out was amazing. All in all an excellent stay. Would definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
2  Thank Debbsy_12
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Debbsy_12,

Thank you for your "great stay" review, I am very pleased to read that my exceptional team offered you amazing service which led you to have an excellent stay. Glad you got a room with a view of the Iconic Minster, we do have the best views of York Minster, of any hotel in the City. We have just finished another 4 bedroom refurbishments yesterday, (they do look fab) more in the planning stage. Look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

My friend and I stayed here after booking the winter saver deal . Our trains got in at York station at 11.30am so we decided to walk to the hotel to drop our bags . On arrival we were greeted by friendly reception and informed our room was ready . I had asked for a quiet room with a nice view . We weren't disappointed as we were on the top floor facing the Minster , beautiful . We were blessed with great weather , blue skies and sunshine but cold !!! Breakfast was delicious and hot breakfast cooked to order . We both had perfect poached eggs on toast . We checked out and the hotel kindly stored our bags as our trains weren't until late afternoon. They even looked after our shopping purchases on our last day !!! All in all I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel . The location is perfect , views of the Minster amazing and the staff are an absolute credit . We will be back , thank you x

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrisCol
DeanCourt, General Manager at Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Dear ChrisCol,

Thank you for your 5 out of 5 review, I am so pleased that you and your friend thoroughly enjoyed your "winter warmer" package. We even arranged the fine weather for you! As other reviewers have stated my team are an absolute credit- i do tell them daily !! Thank you for the recommendation, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

This was the third time we have stayed in this hotel and I can say its better than ever. We stayed in a standard double, with view of the Minster, the room was very clean, warm, and quiet.Food and drinks are great and all very reasonably priced, considering where the hotel is situated.What gives the hotel the edge over others is the staff, they're all so friendly and very welcoming, a special mention to Bosco (hope this is his name) he was just a perfect waiter and very attentive. My only negative was the wifi is poor.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LLUK

Dear LLUK,

Thank you for your lovely review, and yes i agree my team here are fantastic (see review below) and have only the guest at hears in everything they do- Bosco been one of those !! ( i will pass on your very kind comments ) We all look forward to your 4th visit !

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Classical English Splendour pretty much describes this lovely gem of a hotel. If you are looking for contemporary opulence like the international hotels this isnt for you. This is all about Englishness and personal service.

Right on the door step of the minster where you hear the chimes during the day...so tranquil!
We had the GREAT VALUE winter warmer special (room, cream tea on arrival, 3 course dinner and breakfast for £149) but paid extra to upgrade to a suite. The window view was of the minster a mere 50 meters away. We had dinner and breakfast in the bay window in the restaurant which was a charming setting. Food was ok with room for improvement . The staff show care and go the extra mile like its their own hotel.
We always stay here on our annual trip to York and wouldn't change it. Location is excellent - right on the edge of the town centre but you wouldnt know it.
The concerige park your car in their private car park round the corner which is handy.

Finally the hotel is being tastefully refurbished discretely with progress displayed on an easel in reception which shows the designers concepts and materials. A nice touch by the general manger Simon Murphy to quite rightly show off the welcome changes.

Well done!

As always.....we look forward to our next visit.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gabe100

Dear Gabe100,

Thank you for such a glowing review, I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your "winter warmer" package. I loved your comment that you felt the staff owned the hotel, thats exactly what i want them to feel, that they can converse in their own natural way and not constrained by any corporate language, I want their characters to shine through, which it does. I am pleased to say only this morning we have finished refurbishing 4 of our bedrooms, which are all fabulous in their own style, colour and feel, but for any that reads this room 61 is stunning !!! We all look forward to your return visit.