“You Must Go!”

Ranked #31 of 217 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Best fish and chips I've ever had in my life. If the queue is too long, you can still get it to take away. This is somewhere I will always come back to!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,379)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed in Whitby for Easter and ate at the Magpie every night. The food and service were excellent. From the Fish and chips to Seafood Paella.
Don’t worry if there’s a queue outside, it usually moves along pretty quickly and it’s worth the wait.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Fresh and tasty seafood and huge glasses of wine! A lovely meal. Relaxed atmosphere and quick friendly service too.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great to see the place back up and running again. Menu a lot more than just fish and chips. Although they are pretty good. Loads of variety of fish dishes on offer. Will return soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We specifically chose to eat here after reading it's reviews, and it certainly lives up to them - fantastic!
It was quite busy when we arrived, but we didn't have to wait too long for a table for four.
Loved the choice of fish available in the menu. There's something for everyone. I had the Woof as I'd never tried it before, but my fellow diners had Haddock, Scampi and crab respectively. All cooked beautifully. Chips are divine!
The waitress was chatty, helpful and attentive, and the place itself is clean and very well presented.
Can't wait for my next trip to Whitby, so that I can go to the Magpie Cafe again!