“Best fish n chips in Whitby”

Riverside Fisheries
Ranked #106 of 221 Restaurants in Whitby
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We found this little gem by accident whilst staying in Whitby last month. Being the middle of January most of the town was closed but this was the only chippy open. We have eaten at magpie chippy, Mr chips chippy and Quayside but this one surpasses them all.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We wanted to go to the famous Magpie Cafe. After driving an hour from Filey where we are staying we were gutted to find it closed and this little chippy was the only one we found to be open: the chips were lovely and the fish was amazing really light and fell apart. The kids ate them so quick, so I know they enjoyed them. The only downfall was that there was not enough. We had two large bags and they were really small. The kids had to have cereals when we got back!

2  Thank Nattyfamily
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

As a native to whitby I think I've been to every fish and chip shop in whitby. This is consistently the best. As it's a bit out of town the locals tend to go here because you can park close by and it's also walking distance from town.

To be fair there is another place in town I like and have also reviewed but if I'm driving this is my first choice. It's a joint first and has been for the last 10 years for me.

I know several locals that will walk/ drive past closer places to go here and I think that says it all.

It's not fancy, don't expect any frills and there might be a queue out of the door but there's a good reason for that.

3  Thank traveller84Uk
Reviewed 6 November 2016

in the past we have used this chippy as it,s very close to where we stay.it,s often buissey and cars park to visit it.i was surprised to read some of the reviews on trip advisor.as we were here for wgw we decided to go to riverside for our teas .the chips were nice and freshly cooked and the haddock as well was fresh with a light crispy batter,

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Visited twice during our stay in Whitby at the end of October. Both times it was very busy, on the second occasion it was queuing out of the door. This meant a good turnover of food, everything freshly cooked and piping hot for the short walk back to our apartment. Very reasonably priced though the lady behind the counter taking orders and wrapping was a bit slow.

1  Thank kritur