“Relaxed atmosphere”

Cuisines: American, Mexican, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 July 2016

First visit after reading reviews. It did not disappoint. We had one full english breakfast and one half english. The food was lovely - freshly cooked and great quality, presented beautifully. Coffee was spot on. The most promising part is that it is obviously frequented by locals - which is always a good sign. Reasonable prices considering the quality.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

A lot of people hail the singing kettle as the best breakfast in Whitby, but I disagree it's most definitely Java! Tasty breakfasts from full English (they even cater for vegetarians) to bagels and decently priced coffees, soya milk is available for those with dairy allergys. Staff could be a bit less miserable though.

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I went here in my own first and it was brilliant, friendly helpful staff couldn't do enough for me the food was delicious. All brilliant.

The second time I went I took the kids and the treatment was markedly different. It was as if they were trying to make it as hard as possible for us. The food was still great but everything relating to the kids was a challenge. It's fine if they don't want kids in, just put a sign up saying sorry no pushchairs we all know the code and won't bother them.

So in summary good food for singles and couples.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

This is a good place for breakfast. It's open all day and the food looks interesting but I have only been there at breakfast time. The bacon and black pudding ciabatta was EPIC - I could have climbed Everest after - and the cappuccino was good, something pretty thin n the ground in Whitby. A good place to sit, eat and watch the world go sliding down Flowergate.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Awesome place. The standard never drops here.. Plenty to choose from menu wise and a wide range of drinks to suit too. I would come every day if I had the time!!! Love love love it.. Staff are fab too.