“A lovely place tasty with food, worth the visit”

The Star Inn The Harbour
Ranked #64 of 228 Restaurants in Whitby
Reviewed 20 January 2019

I enjoyed my first visit to the star, the oysters were excellent,as were the mussels , had a hake dish for main course all top class, the service was good the premises was nuaticly themed,thought prices were fair, will return.

1  Thank secretsquirel1

Reviewed 11 January 2019

Booked a table for me and my wife’s Anniversary I fancied a steak the waiter came for Our order and said it was seasonel but I thought steak was all year round and was Expecting game on the menu but it was not but on the menu they had a three meat dish which was Beef I have never had Beef as tuf this is the second visit and will be the last one the Meat was second rate nice place not a lot of atmosphere but the food was Cooked very poor indeed

2  Thank phillsykes
Reviewed 7 January 2019

This is not the cheapest place you will find but it appears to be aimed at diners looking for more than the standard fare on offer at a lot of the other restaurants. If you look beyond the prices you will feel well rewarded after you have tasted what is on offer. There was a good choice on both the starter and the main course menu with an eclectic mix of fish and meat to tempt the palette.

The food was excellent quality and the service was top class. The waitress was very attentive without being overbearing which added to the enjoyment of our special family meal to celebrate New Year together.

I would agree with other reviewers that the wine was a little overpriced for the quality but not as overpriced as the water at £4 a bottle!

However, that said, it doesn't detract away from the overall experience and I'd ask for tap water next time (once bitten, twice shy). I would certainly recommend to friends who were looking for that something a little bit different.

1  Thank RoamingTiger59
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

The service was absolutely brilliant from the time we walked through the door. The place is very cosy, layout well thought out as it didn't feel crammed even with all other tables around us fully occupied. The food was nice, my fish cakes huge and a little too salty with the amount of bacon with the garnish. The other dishes were perfect. Prices slightly above the average, but worth it. Definitely will be back.

Date of visit: January 2019
3  Thank evao915
Reviewed 3 January 2019

Excellent food. Wine a little over-priced for the quality but it didn’t detract from a first class meal.

1  Thank gouldphilling