“Great service”

Ranked #113 of 886 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Norwich's Red Lion Street is home to Bella Italia, one of the well loved chain of Italian restaurants with outlets all over the UK. Situated in a convenient city centre location, close to the Vue cinema complex and the Norwich Castle Mall, Bella Italia on Red Lion Street is a great place for a meal. The pretty terrace to the front of the restaurant is perfect during the summertime for dining and people watching at the same time. As for the menu, expect the usual Bella Italia classics from pizza to pasta and grills to salads. The set menus is always a steal and the kiddies menu offers plenty of choice for the little ones. The wine list stays faithful to Italy and features a good selection of reds, whites and rosés and Peroni and Moretti take care of the beers.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Our group of 11 arrived at the restaurant, at midday, without a booking, the staff were very helpful and put together some tables for us. We ordered several pizzas to share, all were tasty but the carbonara pizza was definitely the favourite! As it was during the school holidays the restaurant got very busy, very quickly, yet they still managed to deliver on service. My previous experiences at different locations of Bella Italia have been varied, but I would definitely recommend this particular restaurant.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Booked a table online only an hour before, and when we got there it was all ready and as asked for, not near the door. You get a cold blast every time someone comes in or out. The wife and I had Polo Pancetta Lasagne, which was superd watch the metal dish as it can be very hot. Service from all the staff was excellent and checked two or three times if all was well. Have been here many times in the past and never had a bad experience .WELL DONE ALL

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We have been here before and were not disappointed with the service or food. We ate from about 17.00 on a Friday evening and it was quite busy then but became very busy later as we were leaving. The service was excellent throughout and we were made to feel very welcome and wanted. The food was as before very well cooked and presented and the waiting staff checked that all was well with us and the food. The prices are very good and what you would expect to pay for this type of food, location and style of eating. Special mention should be made of Zoli? who made time to talk with us rather than just take our orders and he looked after us well and was attentive without being over fussy.
All in all a really enjoyable time. Definitely go there again when in Norwich.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in after work with my wife and children. We all enjoyed the pizza and pasta that we had. Service was quick and friendly, thank you Ollie.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I have been before and, with the exception of the noise, have always enjoyed my visits. Today was not that day. When I made the booking online, I specifically asked for a table upstairs because I'd eaten up there before and it's much quieter. When we arrived we were told they don't open the upstairs during the week. That was a disappointment, especially as there was no mention of that on their website. When my food came, the plate was cold, so my - really delicious - pasta got cold really quickly. The service was not fast and we waited ages for someone to take our plates away and ask us if we would like dessert. Eventually I managed to catch the waiter's eye. I ordered the orange brownie with choc sauce and ice cream. Now I'm not a fussy person, anything sweet I will eat it with gusto, but I have to say that I have never eaten such a stodgy brownie as that one was. In fact, I left most of it (unheard of for me!) and then after about 20 minutes the waiter brought the ice cream which should have come with it, in a separate pot. So very disappointing.