“Great Taster Menu”

Ranked #20 of 787 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$22 - US$72
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Benedicts is run by chef owner Richard Bainbridge, who has won Great British Menu 2016 with 2 Courses. Benedicts is a modern interpretation of a neighbourhood restaurant, with classic values of hospitality and food with a strong local focus on ingredients and traditional techniques with a delicate modern touch.
Reviewed 17 September 2021

A great taster menu and the staff were very knowledgeable and clearly enjoyed their role in explaining the dishes.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed 16 September 2021

The restaurant had an informal ambience, offered great service and gave us a wonderful meal accompanired by tasty wines

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

We decided to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary at Benedicts choosing the five course taster menu. There is no doubt that the food was amazing especially the Cromer crab but as other reviewers have mentioned service was rather rushed with three ‘tasters’ being served before we’d finished our pre dinner drinks! The staff were friendly and informative but really needed the expertise of a maitre de to time the service.

Reviewed 31 August 2021 via mobile

Absolutely perfect. I visited with my husband and luckily managed to get a very last minute booking for the five course tasting menu with the wine fligh. The restaurant accommodated a vegan option for me and my husband has the meat. It was beautiful. Having been to several Michelin starred restaurants over the years (once a year as a treat!) I can honestly say this meal was the only one where I loved every course. The only regret is not opting for the eight course! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Superb experience.

We were celebrating my parent’s anniversary- 3 covers, managed to get a cancellation table, SO glad we did. Try to book ASAP.

We had the 5 course tasting menu, each course well presented, delicious food, well timed and we didn’t feel rushed.

Cocktails delicious (try the Goose-caparinia), beers were great too. I had a glass of white Rioja with fish course, well paired.

1  Thank agathacrimperwoolner