“City visit shared with my sister”
Review of Benedicts

Benedicts
Ranked #1 of 876 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$22 - US$73
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Benedicts is run by chef owner Richard Bainbridge, who has won Great British Menu 2016 with 2 Courses. Benedicts is a modern interpretation of a neighbourhood restaurant, with classic values of hospitality and food with a strong local focus on ingredients and traditional techniques with a delicate modern touch.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazing food for the price .Just take the set daily menu,no need to go a la carte !! the staff were friendly and well informed about the food .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were fortunate to get a table at Benedicts on Wednesday with guest chef Tom Kerridge complimenting the menu with a selection of his most popular dishes forming the evenings 6 course tasting menu and accompanied by a great selection of wines, the pairing, undoubtedly 1st class. In view of the number of diners it was great both Richard & Tom took the time to leave the kitchen and spend time with their guests , a fantastic evening, Benedicts remains my no.1

2  Thank RJX22
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I decided to treat ourselves to a meal at Benedict’s on the recommendation of a friend while on holiday in Norwich. This was easily one of the highlights of our trip!

The interior is simple and classic, but no air of pretension about it. The staff were excellent - to be expected for a restaurant of this standard, but we were not disappointed.

We went for the 8-course taster menu with wine pairing. It was an adventure in food - flavours and textures that surprised and excited. The wines went brilliantly with all the courses, and the cheese supplement was also outstanding.

Certainly not a cheap date, but worth every penny. Worth a trip to Norwich on its own!

1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Took my wife and stepson there for my Wife's birthday meal, and we were not disappointed.

I'd mentioned when booking the table that it was for my Wife's birthday and when we checked into the Restaurant they remembered this, which is a nice touch and demonstrates attention to detail.

We were given a choice of menus and I'm pleased to say it wasn't over extensive. I say this because I sometimes think, where a restaurant has so many things on offer how can they specialise.

The surroundings are very pleasant in Benedicts and a sign of howe good it was is the fact that all but two tables were occupied, on a Tuesday evening.

Booking is essential but from the moment we arrived to the moment we left we felt special. Something a lot of places fail to achieve.

The food was first class and the chef provided a number of little nibbles before the meal started.

1  Thank Harry G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were visiting Norwich last October and called in on the off chance to see if a table was available. I should have posted this review at the time but have just found I didn’t press submit. The food was brilliant, cooked in the modern style, but not over pretentious. We had the partridge to start, followed by the Ox cheeks, both presented really nicely and tasted great. The staff were friendly and attentive. The menu is small, but that does mean everything is fresh and individually cooked, there was a vegetarian option and we were asked if we had any allergies. The wine list had a good choice, with a range of prices, but nothing over the top. If we hadn’t had lunch out that day, we would have sampled the dessert menu and accompanying wines, a delight that must await our next visit.
Well our next visit was yesterday, when we had their 6 course taster menu. The food was wonderful, just as we remembered, staff were friendly and the service very efficient. We are due to be back in Norwich this September, so are looking forward to our next visit. Why don’t we come more often? Well it took a 1 hour flight and 3 hour drive, but it was worth it.