Lowest prices for your stay
US$57
SAVE US$13
Expedia.comUS$57
Hotels.comUS$57
getaroom.comUS$59
All reviews basic hotel key card plenty of parking city centre reception staff asda cereal inns norfolk
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2020

The hotel staff were excellent, Friendly, Helpful and covid safety aware. The hotel was clean and well maintained, they had put good Corona virus measures in place and I felt comfortable and safe. (The outside of the hotel adjoins the David Lloyd leisure club which was extremely tired and tatty but don't let that put you off,) The hotel is just off the city ring road and made an excellent base for going out to explore Norfolk.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank sdsdeeley
Darren Fulcher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Hi sdsdeeley,

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to read that the team were happy and friendly and that the hotel was clean clean and well maintained. We have worked hard on our Coronavirus measures whilst trying to maintain good service so I am happy that you can see that.

I hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

First of all I have to say the staff were lovely. Polite efficient and responsive. Sadly though, the place was a metaphor for this country. Tired, falling to bits and a bit tacky.

Two nights we stayed. The room we were first given had a hole in the bathroom floor and the net curtains were brown in places. So we moved and the new one looked like someone has been skating on the dressing table. The paint was chipped and scuffed here and there. But hey, it was better. Inevitably however, the room key stopped working and the toilet bunged up.

I thought the place was quite clean but my Wife smiled and said ‘its superficial’ pointing out the dust on the switch casing and the sticky threshold between the bedroom and bathroom.

The breakfast was served quickly with a smile. But the sausages came from the sausage factory, the bacon from the bacon factory and the scrambled egg from the powdered egg factory. (And obviously fried, boiled or poached weren’t available because that would be too near to fresh - likewise the case I guess for the absent tomatoes, mushrooms. ...... or anything else that could be fresh) so nothing much to go wrong there - or right for that matter.

And the whole system-built concrete thing sits at the bottom of an ASDA car park next to a derelict place that looks like a massive dirty, petrified igloo.

Would I go back. Well yes. Because the bed was comfy, the sheets were clean, it was cheap and I do superficial (unlike my wife). And mostly, I know that when things go wrong, which they inevitably will, the nice staff will be there to cheerfully put things right.

Nevertheless, my message to the top bid of Holiday Inn (uk) and it’s board of directors is: Not good enough guys. Knock it down. Don’t be superficial. Don’t be the Ryan Air of hotels.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank andrewkD8298IM
Darren Fulcher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2020

Hi andrewkD8298IM,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to read that the team were lovely and that they were polite, efficient and responsive to your needs. It's great to read that were helpful for any issues that you had.

We are having a full refurbishment of the hotel very soon which we are all excited about. We are also replacing the key lock system which will also rectify the issue with this. We are hoping that a business will move into the neighbouring 'igloo' soon so that it can made to look a nicer.

Our complimentary breakfast is designed to be for those on the go and is a continental offering with some hot items. I will pass on your feedback about our hot items to the kitchen team however we will not be able to offer tomatoes or mushrooms as this is not a Holiday Inn Express brand standard.

I hope to welcome yourself and your wife back when we have a nice new hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

Awful experience. Booked a night here with work, took over 40 minutes to check in and they reported the room was not paid for even thought it had been. Other guests standing in a long queue waiting to check in.
Took them 3 attempts to gain access to my room. Finally get access and the lights aren’t working.
Dirty tissues on the floor - thought you advertised additional COVID cleaning measures?
Freezing cold room.
No apology. 1 person was covering the reception and bar with queues of guests waiting. Told there were no other rooms.
Left without any solution from the reception.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Darren Fulcher, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Hi SamanthaKM.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience. My apologies about the issues that you encountered during you stay.

I would like to talk to you further about this. Please could you email me on gm@hiexnorwich.co.uk.

Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express enroute to Great Yarmouth. The rooms were clean and the evening meal was pleasant. We had breakfast to go which was quick and efficient - everything had to be ordered in advance.

The hotel was COVID secure with lots of sanitisation points and social distancing markers.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Wie-Men

Hi Wie-Men,

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to read that you found the rooms to be clean and that your evening meal was pleasant. I am also happy that your breakfast was quick and efficient and that you were happy with everything we have in place for social distancing and santisation.

I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

Stayed overnight, reception staff were polite and helpful as they always are in Holiday Inns. The rooms were well decorated and very clean. Its in a good location with plenty of parking. The breakfast as always was nice with plenty of choice.

Date of stay: March 2020
DarrennFCR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Hi DexDeb,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy to read that the team were polite and helpful and that you enjoyed your breakfast. It's also good to see that the room was clean and that you found plenty of spaces to park.

I hope to see you again soon.