2 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$37
Expedia.comUS$130
Hotels.comUS$130
getaroom.comUS$151
All reviews garden suite city centre safety measures lovely hotel breakfast buffet was good cooked to order minute walk single bed breakfast and evening meal one way system air conditioning unthank road car park the general manager birthday party wedding reception good size
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2020

Visited Norwich to celebrate my wife's birthday. Very helpful and attentive staff . Covid measures excellent, ( was little concerned that the machine indicated several times that I had low temperature!) Room was comfortable , powerful shower in the bathroom. Breakfast . cooked was excellent, the best. Dinner was not adventurous but really well cooked and could not be faulted. ALL the staff were excellent. friendly. helpful and professional. Will definitely stay again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2020

Thank you very much for your great review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2020

A very pleasant experience - all staff were extremely helpful and polite. The hotel felt very COVID safe and their COVID policies supported this. The room was very spacious with great decor - the bed was huge and very comfortable. Will definitely revisit!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Norwich and chose The George Hotel to stay in.
We arrived on the Friday and our room was charming.
However the real reason this Hotel is so special, is the staff.
The people who work for the Hotel should be so proud of themselves, you have made our stay so memorable.
We had a couple of evenings just sitting in the bar before bed and the staff, even though they had lots to do, chatted and joked with us. Alistair, Ash, Donna and Sally were so funny together, they clearly have a lovely working relationship that made us giggle along with them.
The lovely smiling welcome girls and breakfast waiting staff literally couldn't do enough for us. Our breakfast was delicious, despite the fact that the staff have so much more to do at the moment.
Now, I know that things have to be done a bit differently today and it's one of the reasons deciding to go away is tricky, but this Hotel has made such efforts to make everyone feel as safe as they can, without losing the comfort and atmosphere. Such a difficult thing to accomplish, so credit where it is due, I tip my hat to you and say "Bravo, you have done a wonderful job, keep up the hard work and David and I very much look forward to returning ".

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful review.We really do appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2020

Great short break in Norwich. 20minute walk to centre. Suitable covid control in place, plenty of hand sanitiser and one way system in place. Stayed in a twin room with my daughter, lots of hot water bath and shower. Had a great time.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review, we are really pleased to hear you had a great time!!

Reviewed 26 October 2020

I had a very enjoyable stay here.
The food was almost all home cooked. I had dinner at the hotel one evening and the chicken curry was better than I’ve had at any british indian restaurant. The evening restaurant staff were very friendly and professional.
The pillows were all very hard, but I called reception and a lovely soft one was brought to me within minutes.
The ability to access my Netflix account was a nice touch.
WiFi didn’t work in the room. The shower controls were hard to use with wet hands and the bathroom was very small, but it was a single room.
I’d definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Many thanks for your feedback. It important we know what you like so we can continue doing what we are doing and also what caused a few niggles so we can make improvments where necessary.Its good to hear you will be back to stay with us again in the future.