Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 16/05/21
Hotels.comUS$139
Expedia.comUS$139
eDreamsUS$140
1,957 results
All reviews wine press oldest hotel norwich cathedral lovely old hotel car park afternoon tea junior suite central location free parking walk in shower fantastic location scones buffet style standard room visiting norwich within easy walking distance breakfast was excellent
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2021

This was my first time staying at this hotel for an essential requirement (in line with govt regulations) and I will probably stay there again maybe in six months. You can see that this hotel is probably very good in non-covid times but with very limited staff, you can imagine that service wasn't up to scratch.

Check-out was an unfortunate experience, I nearly left without getting my final bill as there was no staff to be seen anywhere in the hotel for 20mins. If staff are going to do multiple roles around the hotel, then they should divert calls to a mobile device. There could have been an emergency and there was nobody to provide assistance. The main reason for booking this hotel was that I could get some food but even with a very limited in-room menu, you could tell that the quality was not where it should have been but as I said, this is forgivable in the circumstances.

To end on a positive note, I have a hybrid vehicle. I was able to park in an EV bay and plug-in which was free. This was a great bonus and this is why I gave it 4 out of 5 instead of three.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 24 January 2021

Short one night stay, big car park easy to find and free in central town centre location. COVID precautions were exceptional, felt very safe. Clean, tidy, very happy. Rooms clean and comfortable, nice bathroom, good shower.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2021

A family member recently got married and decided to have their (Tier 3 friendly) reception at this beautiful hotel, one of the handful that claim to be the UK's oldest. Because I struggle with fatigue, my partner decided we should stay here before and after the wedding so if I'm too tired I can just go to bed upstairs. I am not sure what site he checked, but he was certain it was wheelchair accessible (although importantly he didn't mention this when booking the room, though I'm not sure it would have made a difference). We came in through the back exit by the carpark and Bentley showroom to find there were stairs leading to the reception, so I was left downstairs in my wheelchair while he checked in. Unfortunately, those stairs were the only way to get to the lift up to the rooms - which was itself also up a flight of stairs! Luckily because we were travelling by car we took my lightweight transport wheelchair with us, and I can struggle up stairs in an emergency, but anyone using an electric wheelchair, scooter, or who cannot mobilise, is bang out of luck. This is a huge oversight to access that you'd think such a grand hotel would have thought about rectifying. (Yes it could be ramped, but the height of the stairs would mean a huge modular ramp would be necessary, anything else would be unsafe!).

Everything else was fine, I liked the iPad in the room for service and any requests were answered very quickly and I appreciated the reception staff expediting our coffee order in the morning while we were getting ready for the wedding.

Reviewed 16 December 2020

Maids Head Hotel is located near the city center of Norwich. Castle, cathedral, historical old town and shopping streets and malls are just a minute walk away. Enjoyed the stay and would for sure return to the Maids Head Hotel...

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2020

Overall the hotel is lovely. Our room was nice, but even though it did improve, the water was not very hot and we could not get enough for a bath and the bathroom itself was cold as towel rail was not working. On our arrival we had afternoon tea. This was delicious and plenty of it, staff were very good even though it was busy. Our evening meal was also superb. We ate in the restaurant and a little music might have been nice as it was very quite. There was background music but you couldn’t make out what was playing. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Bed was really comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. We ordered breakfast for 8am in the restaurant but unfortunately it was not very nice at all. I do not know how long in advance it had been cooked but bacon was unappetising and sausages were dry and tough it was not very warm. Just pots of yoghurt offered no compote or granola, and I have to say although you could choose what you wanted from full English items there was not much else on offer. I left mine but waitress did not even query why. I know it is difficult in the present times but we have enjoyed much better quality and choice elsewhere. Hotel is spotlessly clean and it was decorated beautifully for Christmas and the outside covered area is brilliant.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple