Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$126
Trip.comUS$126
TravelocityUS$126
Orbitz.comUS$126
1,948 results
All reviews wine press oldest hotel cathedral suite norwich cathedral lovely old hotel car park afternoon tea elm hill junior suite central location free parking walk in shower fantastic location scones buffet style standard room visiting norwich
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2020

Maids Head Hotel is located near the city center of Norwich. Castle, cathedral, historical old town and shopping streets and malls are just a minute walk away. Enjoyed the stay and would for sure return to the Maids Head Hotel...

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 December 2020

Overall the hotel is lovely. Our room was nice, but even though it did improve, the water was not very hot and we could not get enough for a bath and the bathroom itself was cold as towel rail was not working. On our arrival we had afternoon tea. This was delicious and plenty of it, staff were very good even though it was busy. Our evening meal was also superb. We ate in the restaurant and a little music might have been nice as it was very quite. There was background music but you couldn’t make out what was playing. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Bed was really comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. We ordered breakfast for 8am in the restaurant but unfortunately it was not very nice at all. I do not know how long in advance it had been cooked but bacon was unappetising and sausages were dry and tough it was not very warm. Just pots of yoghurt offered no compote or granola, and I have to say although you could choose what you wanted from full English items there was not much else on offer. I left mine but waitress did not even query why. I know it is difficult in the present times but we have enjoyed much better quality and choice elsewhere. Hotel is spotlessly clean and it was decorated beautifully for Christmas and the outside covered area is brilliant.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2020

Comfortable and interesting place to stay as a centre from which to see and experience Norwich. Helpful and friendly staff. Lovely breakfast. Very clean with everything we needed. Room was too cold but staff did all they could to overcome the problem.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 November 2020

Visited Norwich just few days before 2nd lockdown. Lovely hotel, full of character, located near Norwich cathedral. Room was spacious with coffee facilities, bed comfortable.
Hotel is Covid secure.
Continental breakfast could be improved, apart from smoked salmon I did not find anything really inviting. English breakfast looked fine.
Appreciated complimentary parking, could see car from window.
Great hotel, I can recommend.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 18 November 2020 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business purposes and from the moment I entered I was impressed with the professionalism of the staff and their efficient manner. The location is perfect and they have a huge car park at the rear.

Whilst my room was a bit on the compact side, it was very comfortable. I really enjoyed the dining. The menu for dinner had a good choice, I chose the fish & chips which were delicious and the full breakfast that I chose, was probably the best I’ve had in a long time! The veggie sausages in particular were delicious!

I felt very safe despite COVID and the hotel have gone to great lengths to make things COVID secure. Thank you Maids Head and I would definitely recommend you and I would love to stay again.

Date of stay: November 2020