Lowest prices for your stay
US$93
Free cancellation until 12/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$18
Expedia.comUS$93
PricelineUS$93
getaroom.comUS$97
All reviews norwich airport reception staff swimming pool good size evening meal night stay city centre stayed here for one night reception area good nights sleep tea and coffee breakfast was excellent steph gym jacuzzi carvery function
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2020 via mobile

Had a 2 night stay here and didn’t eat or pay for any food except fries, not to lack of choice but quality. The pate was almost white and tasted awful served with buttered bread instead of what was on menu. The flatbread dippers were pitta bread with mayonnaise, hummus that was so thin it was like sand spread and the third dip was like smoked cardboard pate, yet again nothing like the menu let alone worth £7. I would certainly not recommend eating here. There was mould on the bathroom wall not what i expect from IHG. The only saving point from this hotel and not getting rock bottom score was your staff, front of house went well out of her way to make my stay better and the bar and restaurant staff were fantastic. So please thank them again and perhaps change food supplier, Gordon Ramsey couldn’t make that stuff taste good.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Chris N
Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

Stayed here whilst working elsewhere in Norwich and I like the chain. I usually stay at Carrow Road which is more modern but fancied a change and the gym looked better

Everything was as you’d expect from IHG clean and spacious rooms, attentive staff and good value

Whilst it wasn’t in perfect condition it felt clean and apart from an issue I later spoke to one of the managers Dan/Dean (apologies for getting the name wrong!) about this was a pleasant stay

It needs some money spent on it but that’s not going to happen until this industry recovers not least as this one is located close to Norwich Airport another struggling industry (no noise by the way). Maintenance is slipping such as mould on shower sealant but that’s the worse I saw on that

They are aware of Covid and largely are handling it well but having stayed at Stevenage Holiday Inn the next day they have some work to do and it’s obviously not a standardised approach across the chain. Happy to discuss that with management if they wish

One negative is the food choice on the table service app lacks much in the way of fresh alternatives or healthy options. I wanted a salad and all there was was a Caesar salad coated in gunk. Be mindful a lot of the food is obviously shipped in and then cooked rather than being freshly prepared (especially dessert) but they are really trying.

The breakfast in the other hand was fit for a king with a lot of thought into individually portioned and protected cereals to fruit and mills. Well done on that

Hopefully we can all get back to normal soon but for now stay in confidence that your stay will be safe but I would suggest you are prepared to ask staff to get you fresh cutlery rather than that left on tables and see that your table is sanitised before you are seated

Thanks guys for making my stay easy

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 25 August 2020

Booked a suite
Room overlooking loads of rubbish and balcony was filthy
If it has been cleaned then the cleaner needs a lesson in cleaning it does not give me any confidence in ihg covid practice
Not good enough
Looking like they have given up
Wake up holiday inn

Trip type: Traveled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Hi 27glenh,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments about the level of cleanliness of the balcony and the general upkeep of our facility. I understand your dismay, and I am sorry. This is not the joy of travel that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our teams, so they may address the areas you have noted immediately.

Again, thanks for your feedback. I hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 August 2020

I stayed here with my Wife and Children for a few nights break. We stayed in an executive family room.

Good Points.

The staff~ We met some really nice people who took time to talk to us. There was also a lady on the front desk who was brilliant. She arranged for us to have a room with a fridge as well as a Complimentary meal within the hotel due to issues we was having with the room.

Water Pressure~ sounds ridiculous but the fact the shower had good water pressure was a real positive.

The Room~ Although the room had a couple of issues the size and the amenities of the room (Jacuzzi Bath) was nice

Covid measures- Easy to order food at the table with the phone and also having to book the swimming pool made life easier and it felt safe.

The food was also nice and the 50% mon~wed really helped. Breakfasts was also nice.

Areas for improvement

Needs to have a maintenance team- apparently due to furlough they do not have any maintenance. This is such a shame as our Air con didn't work and the staff couldn’t do anything about it. As a result the room was hot and stuffy and made it difficult to sleep. Also the room had a funny smell with it which again could not be addressed by the staff.

Room service- its only a small moan but on a couple of occasions I rang down for a couple of things (toilet roll/fan) and was told they would arrange for it to be delivered straight away but then i either had to ring up an hour later or ask again in the morning for it. Appreciate they might have been busy but would have been better if they managed my expectations.

Housekeeping- Understand why they didn’t provide housekeeping due to covid but it would have been nice to have had it once or twice during a 4 night stay.

The Pool- Could do with a freshen up.

Overall it was a lovely stay but the fundamental part of the stay was to sleep in comfort and the Air con not working and the smell from the room when entering impacted that greatly. The staff though was great and they did sympathise but was powerless to correct it.

1  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 11 August 2020

If you are looking for just a bed for a overnight stay then this hotel would be sufficient. If you are travelling as a family and like some home comforts to make life easier then look else where.

Good points- staff friendly, reception area welcoming and clean.

We were in a room directly above where they did the laundry and there were some huge fans. The fans were really noisy all night and the beds are really firm and quite uncomfortable.

We had only 4 pots of milk with our coffee/tea supply in the room which wasn’t sufficient. It did say we could go to reception and get more however who wants to have to do that..put more than needed in problem solved!

Food was not great and we didn’t feel it was worth what we paid. I would recommend eating out you would get more value for money and it would be better.

The room surfaces and carpets were generally fair in terms of how clean they were, it could have been cleaner. We had a bottle left out on the balcony full of cigarette ends (luckily we didn’t venture out there). In our bathroom the paint was coming off the ceiling and a window in the room had gaffer tape on it for some reason.

As for letting them know our thoughts, I doubt our opinions would influence a huge change and trip advisor is a good platform to inform potential travellers.

This is a quick overnight stay just for a bed anything else look for something more luxurious and comfortable.

Trip type: Traveled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Norwich North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2020

Hello Petal8018,

We want a pleasant stay for our guests at all times. I am sorry to learn that issues with noise, the lack of in-room amenities, and your unsatisfactory breakfast experience made us miss the mark. I am sorry for the letdown.

I have alerted the hotel management regarding your concerns, and I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

I am hopeful that your future stays with us will be pleasant. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best,