Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$84
Expedia.comUS$72
FindHotelUS$72
eDreamsUS$65
getaroom.comUS$84
All reviews coach trip night stay wedding thursford carvery norfolk
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2020

When we arrived, it took a couple of minutes to be checked in, however we were given a complimentary upgrade from a Standard Room to the Queen Suite, which was beautiful and a lovely surprise. The room appeared clean, well maintained, there was no outside noise during the night and we had a very relaxing stay.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 19 October 2020 via mobile

We read all of the reviews and had low expectations. We chose this hotel because it was a good price, but it was also the closest to where my son is living and the purpose of our journey was to visit him. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff were all lovely- especially the chef who went out of his way to cook our eggs for breakfast, and offered them to be cooked in any way we liked. Our room was clean, the beds and pillows were comfortable. The room was cold on arrival but heated up quickly. The only gripe I have is that the heating/ air con was noisy even when turned off, but I’m not a deep sleeper so it didn’t bother my daughter who slept through it. The curtains were great as they made the room dark which also helped. I generally don’t sleep well away from home but I had 2 nights decent sleep and I’d visit again just for that. The location was good for us, but it’s also very close to bus stops that go into town. Parking was free and plenty of spaces. For the price we paid it was excellent, and I will definitely book again on my next trip to Norwich.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2020

We stayed as a group of 4 for 4 weeks in total whilst on Ambulance driver training. The hotel is in a good location for the main parts of Norwich - large car park, lots of space.

The highlight of our stay was the friendly and helpful staff - in particular Bethany and Mayumi who looked after us well, always smiling and always happy to help!

Rooms are not as bad as some reviews make them seem, the beds are comfortable and warm. AC and heating in rooms. All 4 of us had 4 different rooms each week so we have experienced 16 of the rooms and they are fine. Especially when you consider the price of the stay!

Breakfast - lovely cooked full english everyday, sometimes bacon is a little undercooked but otherwise can't complain. The morning staff are very accomodating - happy to heat milk for porridge etc when requested.

Overall a good stay and we would come back if in Norwich again!

Room tip: Ask for a second floor room!
Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2020

This could be a good hotel because there are some aspects of it - location, parking and staff friendliness - that are very good plus the basic building is fine. But it is let down by being pretty scuffy and very tired.

The net curtains at the window were covered in mould as was the roof of the bathroom. The armchair was thread-bare, the towels very thin and the furniture like something out of the 1980s.

But the worst thing was the bed - very, very hard and lumpy and totally uncomfortable - sleeping on the floor would have been more enjoyable.

Breakfast however was excellent - cheap, plentiful and well cooked with obviously local produce (Norfolk bacon and sausages!).

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Upon first arrival I did think the outside looked very dated and it’s location I did have second thoughts on going in but once inside my views did change as inside looked very nice and inviting and certainly different than from the outside.

The lady who checked me in was very polite as was the bar man who after the first night knew
Our drinks order before we even entered the bar area.

When we entered the room first impression was very good however on further inspection the room had a lot of cob webs which would appear the room had not been cleaned since the lockdown which was a little concerning and the bathroom looked a little grubby.

Even in the restaurant the lampshade was full of cobwebs which makes me think that no deep clean had been carried out prior to opening following the lockdown as we stayed the first week hotels were able to open and again very important where serving food.

This hotel was very central for our needs however the beds were so uncomfortable and when staying for a few days could really feel all the bumps and springs and might be worth them investing into new mattresses.

We did have two meals during our stay and would say the food was very nice and couldn’t fault that at all.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple