“Sad to say”
Review of Nanna Mexico

Nanna Mexico
Ranked #314 of 889 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Description: At Nanna Mexico, we do more than serve delicious and authentic Mexican food. We care about customers, quality and freshness. All our fresh products come from local farm suppliers and we have options for every taste, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan or halal. We have lots of authentic mexican products and our friendly staff will guide you to the best choice. Come and treat yourself in a cool modern but authentic Mexican place.
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I'm Mexican so obviously I have a high bar for flavor and I don't expect in England to find the best tasting Mexican food. However I do expect a simple amount of seasoning. My food seemed to have ZERO salt. The ingredients all seemed fresh, and the salsa smelled nice, but even that, again, lacked basic seasoning. Tortilla chips, again, no salt.
The whole thing was very flavourless with the exception of the guacamole which was actually quite nice. The drinks selection makes it worth a trip, but it's really sad to have such a flavourless burrito. No heat, no spice, no salt, no cilantro! It was not inedible but for the price! Wow! I'd expect a lot more flavour. Sabor! Please! Por favor

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Great great great food, fresh, taste, served to how you want it. I have been a few times after being recommended to me and if you are looking for a great lunch pop in. Its get you fingers dirty street food to die for... The service is good and this should fill you up. Try the window seats to watch life rushing passed, you can rejoin the rat race in a minute or two

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at Nanny Mexico twice in the past year. Once during the day with my husband and again in the evening with a friend.
My husband rated this meal as excellent on the day and still does. My friend from down south basically went mental over how good it was. He was bemoaning that where he lives they don’t have any Mexican restaurants of this standard, so if you guys wanted to open another branch Southend might be a winner! You would have at least one ecstatic, regular customer.
Portion sizes are good and the basic options for the meals are not overly spicy, which is the issue I’ve had at other Mexican restaurants. Of course you have the option of revving up the heat with extras.
This is a great place to grab a bite whilst day tripping, shopping or before a gig or concert. The only downside is that when it’s busy there is quite a climb to the upstairs seating area, which for less mobile people would be a problem.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Usually get one of these delivered for lunch when I can't be bothered to cook. Always arrive piping hot and very tasty. Not the cheapest fast food, but worth it.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

We had a big burrito each and they were packed with meat, rice, beans, cheese, salsa and lettuce. You could add mayos, jalapenos, guacamole at extra cost. Bean burrito is a fiver the others beef, chicken, lamb, chicken and chorizo range from about 6.50-7.50 which sounds pricey but we were full, they are no lunchtime snack, All are made to order so it is not a fast food place as it takes a few mins to assemble etc. but not long. They tasted divine! We both had spicy salsa which was delicious. There was a table that had not been cleared and it wasn't busy. Staff were very friendly and polite. Will definatley go again to try something else!