“Very poor”

The Six Medals
Ranked #60 of 334 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I don’t know where to start, went for a carvery all 3 roasts had to have the first slice taken away it was that dry from being under the heat lamps for days not hours, bear in mind this was only 1pm.
The veg was the same only the peas where fresh.
The only good thing was we got over money back.

2  Thank timf907
Scottprett, Manager at The Six Medals, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Sorry to hear about the disappointing visit you have had at the pub regarding the carvery, we have since looked at improving the service / choice and also al round quality of the carvery especially in our quieter periods.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The six medals did not get six medals for their food.The chef cut very thinly sliced meat the vegetables were soggy
And the lasagna had no meat.they had pigs in blankets 3 for a pound never again.

2  Thank bengeorgelucy

Thanks for your comments, we have looked at the carvery especially the quality of late to make sure that we are getting quality from our deck. With regards to the lasagne it is a bought in product. however I will pass your comments to our catering department

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Always have a fab meal in here with lovely helpful staff,was busy today but got there early and found a table.nice atmosphere and warm inside plenty of staff .some customers had to wait for tables free when we left which says something.plenty of choice on menu and good prices.well be back soon .

Thank you for your kind word about the great experience you had here at the medals. I will pass these onto the full team for you

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Called in after New Year for lunch with some old work colleagues and found the carvery excellent value and the service great.

Thank you for the kind words, will pass them onto the whole team. they will all be very pleased

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My partner and I visited here last week. I was apprehensive as I am disabled and not a fan of carveries - having to carry plates etc. The staff were really helpful and helped with my dinner while my partner got his. We really enjoyed our dinner we were singing the praises of the place, then I went to use the loo.... I stepped foot in the disabled toilet my stick slipped on something greasy and i fell. I tried to get up but couldn’t as the floor was so bad! I had to shuffle on my bottom out onto the carpet in the corridor which was soaking! A member of staff watched on not offering any help whilst another customer assisted in helping me up. I then went into the ladies where i found the floor to be the same i managed to stay upright - only just. We reported this to a member of staff who apologised the only other comment she made was that the cleaner had cleaned the floor on the morning - i think they need to get a new cleaner i was lucky to come away with a sore thumb and pride!

Can I apologise for not replying to you sooner. This is not acceptable. I was aware of the visit but not aware you had left a response on here. Although you had spoken to the Manageress on duty that day if you email me at the pub on the following email address we can discuss it.

sixmedals.Middlesbrough@marstons.co.uk