“Excellent experience!”
Review of Suvlaki Soho

Suvlaki Soho
Reserve with OpenTable
Suvlaki Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,535 of 25,273 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Suvlaki offers Greek street food. Meat skewers on their own or inside pita bread.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Cant get enough of this little gem! Superb, mouthwatering yet authentic Greek experience! Simply love it!
Asked for the chef selection: 6 suggested meals and they were all super tasty!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

better atmosphere
better staff
better deserts

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Suvlaki is genuinely the best Greek food one can have in London. You can just taste how fresh the materials all are and the chicken skewer is a knockout! I dare say that you cannot even find such tasty chicken skewers in Athens. Yes, it is slightly pricey in comparison to what you would pay in Greece, but so are all other souvlaki places in London, and to be fair the quality of food you get at this store is superior to most places you would get in Greece. I saw a comment about the manager below, I couldn't disagree more. She is fantastic, and always treat customers with a hospitality and warmth that marks Greek culture. The space is admittedly limited - if you intend to be a large group it may be more advisable to book the Shoreditch store.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Having lived in & around London my whole life I have become quite good at knowing when is the best time to visit certain places... A late lunch in Soho is when you’ll find you’re looked after the best in this part of the city!

I visited this restaurant with my girlfriend for her birthday as she is a huge fan of Greek food... She had been before & raved about it, so I was keen to see if it lived up to its reputation? It certainly did!

The food was cooked to perfection & presented beautifully also! What was most impressive for me was the timings of the food, everything came out like clockwork one dish after another at exactly the right moment... This in itself is a skill to be appreciated!

The restaurant itself is quite small & the tables are close together... This doesn’t bother me, but if you’re not a fan of this type of dining then don’t go when you know it’ll be packed! Be smart, like I was & go for a late lunch... 3pm on a weekday is the way forward!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We booked Suvlaki for dinner and we were running early so I went in and asked if we could take our table sooner. Was advised it was no problem so went back to gather the others came back only to be told by another waitress we had to wait and table was not ready even though it was free. The original waitress then dat us down. We ordered small plates. They are small prawn saganaki was under cooked completely. We ordered small pita lamb and small pita pork they were not large so if your hungry go large. We also had saute mushrooms which were great and a pork skewer. Overall the food was tasty but they served everything at once and we felt rushed to finish even though we had half a bottle of wine left. Got asked 3 times if we wanted dessert. Having just finished main meal we just wanted to digest and breathe for a few minutes before ordering! Sadly this place will lose all authenticity and become just another chain and a trapping of its own success. Its quite pricey for portion side and resturant tiny so quite cramped... Overall not sure Id go back again...