“Very disappointing ”
Review of Vertigo 42

Vertigo 42
Reserve with OpenTable
Vertigo 42 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,449 of 24,258 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$28 - US$42
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This afternoon cream tea with Champagne was a Christmas present from my daughter and it was a disaster from start to finish. Finding your way through the dark corridors to the lift was a little bizarre but I like an adventure! On arrival we were asked about allergies etc but when I asked about gluten free the answer was a definite no but that was ok we were shown to a couple of small stools by what was a great view! We did get 2 glasses of lovely champagne however the cream tea was disappointing not nearly as bad as the service which was horrendous. You could only have tea/coffee after your food which seemed odd as it was like swallowing a house brick with no liquid!!! The quality of tea/coffee when we did get it was bland and tasteless. I felt so sorry for my daughter who had paid for this for me but I certainly wouldn’t recommend it and we wouldn’t go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here using a Groupon voucher, I would of been very disappointment if I'd paid the full amount but worth it with the Groupon voucher.

The cocktail choice with the offer was good and food was nice.
The views are amazing espically when it got dark.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

This bar has a great view but the service is bad and the food is bad.

Your paying a premium for the view and that's all.

Save your money, spend it somewhere else like the Shard.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Vertigo 42 portray themselves as this luxurious champagne bar with great views over the city, but they are far from it. The decor is so so basic, the furniture seems to be basic Ikea, chairs are uncomfortable, the atmosphere is non existent. The windows are all dirty which is unacceptable for a bar that pretends to have great views over London. Also, there are only a couple of tables that have good views, if you are unlucky enough to be seated where we were, you get to see almost nothing. Now for the drinks, for 14 a cocktail plus service charge (!!!!) I was expecting way more. It took the waitress like 15 minutes to bring our cocktails and they were nothing special really. Due to this delay, I refused to pay the service charge which is optional anyway. All in all, you are much better off going to Sushi Samba for example for great views of the city and for AMAZING atmosphere.

1  Thank listheblogger
Reviewed March 16, 2018

The directions from downstairs are not very clear. The reception greeting wasn't great. They take booking voucher and then seat you. Have no consideration of where you want to sit, just what is available. The glass of champagne was nice. The view was really the best bit. The actual afternoon tea was below standard for this offer. I was actually quite embarrassed. The white bread for the sandwiches was really dry, hardly any filling and tbh not worth it, don't mention the cake :-( the scones were okay. This is definitely not value for money! It was a rip off and I would suggest you go elsewhere. The Shard is so much better!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Maisy65