“Nice pub with friendly staff”
Review of The Porterhouse

The Porterhouse
Ranked #1,571 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$52
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here to kick off an afternoon of drinking. The pub is great with a number of different levels. (be careful if you or someone in your group is not so mobile on stairs). There is outdoor seating to, with heating.
The food was really good - great cheesy pizza considering this is a pub not a pizza restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really like the layout of this place and the offerings in the bar.

The beer menu is fantastic and I really enjoyed trying the house on tap lagers.

The place was busy and had a mixture of people enjoying the beer and food (by the looks). I shall be back, alongside bringing others.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ended up in The Porterhouse on the recommendation of a friend after a cracking day in London. The venue itself was great and the selection of drinks were amazing. Our night was only ruined when my boyfriends hat was stolen by a gentlemen going by the moniker 'Rony'
Rony was supported by another young man named 'Ram' who I'd earlier spotted arm wrestling a Russian Bouncer. Although the hat was eventually returned the continued shouts from Ram of 'you want some! and 'Oi Oi! tarnished the entire evening and we left. To top of the evening about an hour later we were nearly killed by by a rogue Rickshaw Driver mounting the pavement just south of Euston.

1  Thank Nev B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived to have a drink and an enjoyable night with parents, sister, aunt, uncle and boyfriend. Followed my family in, doormen were to the side. I was then grabbed hard on the arm and pulled back by a bouncer who started shouting in my face asking for my age very aggressively. I said I had ID and rather flustered and shocked produced it. All this time the doorman was aggressive and holding my arm tightly. He then told me I had to be 21, I am nearly 20. IF the policy was 21 and overs how come my even smaller 18 year old sister walked straight in no questions asked and even wearing an 18th Birthday sash. My family members pointed out that we were a family group and we were all sober, nicely presented and it was 7.30 in the evening. As a young lady I felt assaulted by this doormen. I left along with my family shaken and upset. Thanks to this individual I was unable to enjoy my sister's 18th Birthday! Management need to get doorman to be consistent as one doorman didn't seem to know about being 21! More importantly that disgusting man that grabbed me should be told to keep his hands off young ladies before he finds that he is having a visit from Police.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A very busy lively bar, especially on a Friday night. The live music was excellent. The bar has 3 floors and all get busy, but the bar staff are very efficient in getting you served.