“Romantique lunch”

Price range: US$41 - US$68
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: In the heart of Covent Garden, J Sheekey is a fish and seafood restaurant offering the finest fish, oysters, shellfish and other fruits de mer. Discreetly tucked away on St Martin's Court between Charing Cross Road and St Martin's Lane, J Sheekey is a stone's throw from many of the West End's theatres, the cinemas of Leicester Square and vibrant quarters of Covent Garden and Soho. The Royal Opera House and Coliseum, Palace Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, Wyndham's, Duke of York and Noel Coward Theatres are close by, making the restaurant perfect for pre and post theatre dining. All fish is responsibly caught from sustainable sources.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed a delux seafood platter & lobster and dessert. The food was very good and fresh. For two the bill came at £206 which included £2 per person cover charge and 12.5% service charge, will except a perfect service!!! Our waiter was very nice but empty glasses of water, run out of mayonnaise didn’t been ask to refill, ask for tooth pick still waiting, just 1 sugar with double expresso ask for more and bring just 1 extra. I would except for this price to have a top noch service!!! Thinking the service didn’t deserve £22 I have ask to retrieve the service charge thinking to leave a bit of cash. Our waiter ask if any problems I explained I don’t think it worth 12.5 % the reply was he did replace the bols for the shells thanks for that. Didn’t leave anything at the end

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (3,126)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great looking restaurant and tbe service is second to none but the food is not such great value. We ordered a steak for me snd a fish type burger for my son. My steak was undercooked and both the portions of chips had black on them. The meal with two drinks came to £100.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I see that J Sheekey has had some poor or average reviews since reopening it, but our lunch experience today was as excellent as the last time I was here a few years back. Great service from our waitress and absolutely delicious food. The new terrace was a lovely place to sit. We took our time and weren’t hurried at all. I had te £28 seafood platter which was especially amazing for that price!

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Today was my birthday and I chose this restaurant and it was a great choice The food was very nice and the staff was also great and the service was more than great I would highly recommend this restaurant, they were so nice they even gave me a dessert for my birthday.
And one who served us was Alexander he was so helpful and we had a great time they made my day special thank you

Reviewed 9 August 2021

Nice meal. Good fish. But, ...
... nowhere could I see on the menu the £2 cover charge (+service charge on the cover charge), so that's £9 on a meal for four. I didn't see it on the menu, not even hidden at the bottom.
It's annoying when businesses do this.