“Good breakfast spot”

Get food delivered
Ranked #12,021 of 24,033 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There are no bad restaurants in Hampstead - bad restaurants would collapse in a week given the rents around here. Roni’s is a very good, popular and well established breakfast and sandwich place designed loosely along eastern Mediterranean lines, bagels to shakshuka, mezze to extremely strong (Turkish?) coffee. I had the giant salmon and cream cheese bagel which is indeed giant and not really a bagel but very nice if a tad dry. My lovely companion had the chicken giant bagel with cheese and that was also good though for my money there was too much veg and that made it watery. The coffee and OK were excellent as was the service. It’s a very friendly, relaxed and nice place to have breakfast. I would (will) come here again.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (63)

Reviewed 16 June 2021 via mobile

Went for lunch here with my wife recently. We managed to get an outside table on a busy Saturday afternoon. I had the Eggs Florentine and although the toasted bagel and hollandaise were very tasty one of my poached eggs was over cooked, my wife had the ‘Lentils, beets & spinach salad’ which had no seasoning and she had to ask for pepper, salt and balsamic vinegar to add to it.
The young waiting staff were excellent but we had to wait 20-25 mins for our food.

Date of visit: June 2021
2  Thank Alan W
Reviewed 27 March 2021

Never had any issues, the staff are always very helpful, the red-haired girl is very friendly.
They have quite a large menu and serve food all day, the Eggs Benedict in particular are fabulous.
Their cakes are nothing short of excellent, fresh, tasty and quality of ingredients are noticeable.
I will be returning and have mentioned the shop the families and friends.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

Ive been here a few times and enjoyed the unusual Middle East menu and food is quite good. It’s small so service was OK.
However, I just visited their brand new branch in Highgate West Hill. Same menu, same standard of cuisine but there service is awful. Long wait, indifferent staff - when I ask what the “soup of the day” is the girl had to go and ask (and didn’t return with the answer!). Many other tables complained about the service too. For a brand new place the cleanliness was at best indifferent: floor margins dirty, grubby toilet with paper and water on the floor. Worst it didn’t seem to me that their Covid19 security was up to much. Plastic reusable menus weren’t wiped between customers and although you can eat outside I didn’t think they controlled inside very well. I didn’t see any hand sanitisers for either staff or customers. Clearly there’s lack of training and that’s a pity because its a large cafe in a superb location opposite the Heath in a new development but spoilt by lack of attention to detail and poor staff. Shan’t be returning there.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank L2527WBpetert
Reviewed 3 September 2020

The staff lacked any charm, or can do attitude. There is nothing at all available for those with gluten intolerance which in this day and age is unacceptable. There is plenty of bread and cake, but not a single item for those who need gluten free items.
Just felt unwelcome and will not go again. A shame.

Date of visit: September 2020