“Held for ransom!”

Heal's
Ranked #373 of 827 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: More than simply a store, our historic flagship building is a landmark of London’s west end. First opened in 1854, our flagship store offers 42,000 square feet of retail space over three floors. The ultimate destination for designer furniture, lighting and homewares, the building plays host to dedicated design showrooms for Ligne Roset, Kartell and Vitra as well as our in-store services such as Made for You furniture and a bespoke Styling Service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is without question the worst customer service we have EVER received. Furniture ordered 9 months ago and all the company does is blame each other and try & get us to talk with someone else. No one is interested in solving our issue by actually getting our goods delivered! Shocking organisational culture and would NEVER purchase anything from there again.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Heal's has been around for generations but, after a lacklustre period when it went a bit Habitaty, is now really good again with a fantastic selection of wonderful designer furniture. Helpful staff.
The staircase is one of the most beautiful in London and the cafe on the first floor is definitely worth a visit

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

I ordered a dining table from Heal's and they delivered the wrong product. I tried to reschedule the delivery but they could not offer anything convenient after I had already taken a day off work, and acted like they were doing me a favour by booking a day that I could not make. If you want to receive your products on time don't shop here. It's not worth the headache and the incompetent customer service staff will make your blood boil.

1  Thank Jeffrey R
Reviewed June 8, 2017

We recently bought a new home and my hubby and I have been keen on some of the Italian furniture offered by Heals. So we went in and spent a substantial sum on new items, including some big pieces within the Riva range.

I must say that the service we received in-store was excellent, thank you David. It's the delivery services we have an issue with.

Our first delivery was our superking bed, which was late to be delivered. Someone from ArrowXL delivery service called up the day before the delivery was due and asked if they could re-schedule, as it was an expensive order, they wanted to put their specialist delivery team on it. The specialist delivery team delivered a week later and scratched our brand new wood floor.

The second piece to be delivered, ArrowXL called me on the morning of delivery and said that they cannot find my item in their warehouse and they aren't able to tell me when they can deliver it until they've found it. Two weeks later, I'm still waiting on this item and I'm getting the same story from Heal's. We now have several large items on order and we're very nervous about them, something that I would not have expected to feel when buying from such a large, fairly high-end store.

It's a shame too because we do have a large space to fill so will be looking at other pieces but this experience have turned so disappointing, it's tempered our desire to shop with Heals.

1  Thank BeeHonest2015