“Wonderful brunch”

Ranked #3,311 of 24,683 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited Urban Meadow Cafe & Bar with a friend and had the Prosecco brunch - it was fantastic value for money, the food was delicious, the staff were lovely, and they even gave us a complimentary cookie at the end of the meal! Would definitely recommend!

Urban M, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Urban Meadow Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Tazine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read your comments about your Prosecco brunch experience with us and that you and your friend were well looked after by our Urban meadow team

I hope to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Took a coach party of 30 people for afternoon tea.

The afternoon tea was awesome, really well presented and all tasty. Ronnie was the manager and really looked after us. Also the tea and coffee were in cup and saucers not mugs!! 10/10

Nice relaxed atmosphere, not stuffy. Ideal for a informal afternoon tea experience. Light and airy restaurant.

1  Thank Footstepstours
Urban M, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Urban Meadow Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Footstep tours,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read your comments about your afternoon tea experience with us and that you and your group were well looked after by Ronnie.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My wife and I booked Afternoon Tea with a Bottle of Prosecco and it simply scrumptious! You are first served a lovely chilled glass of Prosecco, which is then stored in an ice bucket next to your table.

Towards the end of your first glass, the waitress brings out the scrummy Afternoon Tea on a miniture picnic table; which is all very cute! The portion of sandwiches, cakes and scones are plentiful, so you won’t leave hungry,

On the day, we were served by Imelda and she was attentive and was funny too, so we were always laughing during the moments she topped up our Prosecco glasses!

The location is also fab, as it is just across the road from Hyde Park, so you could walk off your Tea by strolling around the Princess Diana memorial gardens.

For another visit tip, we visited Portobello Market beforehand (which is a definite ‘must do’ if you have never seen it!), so after all of the walking, it really was rejuvenating to sit, relax and chill out over a wonderful afternoon tea.

1  Thank Sluggaaaaa
Urban M, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Urban Meadow Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Slugaaaaa,

Thank you so much for the excellent feedback. I have shared your feedback with Imelda and recognised her for the good work.

Please do visit us back when ever your journey brings you to around this area.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I have been on a Saturday afternoon with a big group friends for afternoon tea and coffee. Some of them had to leave early, and they paid on their way out but no receipt has been given to them. When the rest of us were about to leave and after paying our drinks we have been told by a rude sort Asian employee of the cafe that 4 of the drinks has not been payed. This was not the first time that this happened on this specific cafe. We explained to him that everyone paid but he insisted. He was very rude and unprofessional . We paid twice for the drinks at the end. What a way for some people to make extra money!
The staff and management there cannot do their job properly,they can't even run a bath.
Avoid this place,is rubbish.

1  Thank Joan N
Urban M, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Urban Meadow Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Joan N,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on Urban Meadow Cafe.

I apologies for your recent experience with us.

I have investigated on the matter of charging twice. Your group had requested to pay individually for their bill, the team member of the restaurant who was behind the till had separated each item for each customer from the main bill and did offer a receipt but most of them left the receipt on the bar- which we then spiked on the check spike. Regarding the four drinks that was left on the bill, they were showing unpaid in our system. My supervisor approached your table and showed the receipt which was unpaid and asked politely to settle the bill. We have no intention of charging any customer twice. In order to avoid this confusion in the future, we recommend to settle the whole bill together.

I wish you very well for your future travels.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Fantastic afternoon tea. Amazing service by all staff. Food was excellent and great value. Though I want to make a special mention to our server Imelda. Who was attentive and went above and beyond to ensure our visit was excellent.

Urban M, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Urban Meadow Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Ansel,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful afternoon tea experience on Trip advisor.

I have shared this with the team and Imelda, they were extremely happy to hear that. Please do visit us when ever your journey brings you to this area.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.