“Roast Beef Sandwich!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Short but sweet review on the amazing Roast Beef sandwich (sourdough bread) that I had over the Easter weekend. It was cooked, presented and tasted delicious!
I am not sure if it was a Special as cannot see it on their Online Menu, but it is a thing of beauty and needs to be sampled. I asked for more horseradish sauce (and mustard) because I like the flavours but the meat was cooked beautifully; pink and just fell off the fork, and the service was quick and efficient, even ordering with the polite gentleman at the bar, even the waitress ask us what we had when she came to collect our plates. I really enjoyed the service and the food, well done!
Also to point out: it came to £6.50 which was surreal was it was a great portion!

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Went for Mother’s Day Sunday lunch, 6 adults, 1 toddler & a baby. We had a selection of staters and then all had the roast including a child’s size one for the toddler. Food was amazing and very good portions, they added a nice touch for the mums, a glass of Buck’s Fizz and a bunch of daffodils. Half way through our 3 year old fell asleep, no problem they just put his in a container to be taken home to eat later. (Which he did). We come here often to eat weekdays and weekends and have never been disappointed, the only slightly negative point this time was the service was very slow but I put this down to them being extremely busy.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Mothers day... it was busy. I'm not a mother nor did I have a mother with me... but I still like to eat.

My friend got a Sunday roast (beef), my other got a Chicken Ceaser Salad (I asked why too) and i got the Bruschetta.

Roast - overcooked yet somehow cold (i noticed many plates around had left over Roast on their plates)

Ceaser Slad - Pretty sure the chicken came from a Rustlers Burger (for those of you who know what that is you will either pass judgement on me or reminisce about drunken nights).

Bruschetta - was actually very nice apart from the excessive amount of Olive Oil.

Service was great and id go dor a drink but not to eat again.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Visited with daughter, son-in-law and new grandson. All but grandson had the Sunday lunch which was very good. He slept throughout. Starter and main courses good quantities and good value. Beer was good as well. Well worth going back!!

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Traditional pub that has been fully refurbished with a good choice of beer, an extensive food menu and friendly efficient staff. Ticked every box for our lunch in the Oval area.