“Friendly Italian restaurant Walthamstow village”

Nuovo Mondragone Restaurant
Ranked #8,760 of 24,835 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authectic Italian Cuisine
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Great family run Italian restaurant in the village. Fantastic pizza and pasta....always been welcomed and looked after, especially by Hugo

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Great location for a family restaurant, but also for events. I've decided to make my wedding venue in that particular restaurant and i wasn't feeling sorry about that .The food and the service was great . The decoration was made by them and it was perfect ! Thank you very much Mondragone and the staff !!! It was GREAT!!!!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I booked here for a nice meal in Walthamstow village with my partner. I actually meant to book somewhere else but was not disappointed. After seeing what other people had, we decided to go with pizza, which was so light and flavoursome. We also shared a salad, which was beautifully fresh. The food was served promptly and was excellent value for money. I also had the House white, which was lovely and a bargain! We had food envy at other people’s dishes and will definitely be back. Thoroughly recommend!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I’m a regular customer and I’ve been there recently with my family and had a great evening. The food was great , excellent service and the bill wasn’t bad for what 6 of us had . Definitely won’t stop going back !

1  Thank Cristina C
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant on several occasions and left a review of their other restaurant in Hoe Street a few months ago, which was a very pleasant experience.

However, it appears that the restaurant has changed hands (or management?) as the level of service and quality of food has deteriorated significantly.

When we visited, on a Thursday evening, there were only 2 members of staff working, a manager and a waiter.
We sat for 10 minutes waiting for someone to come and take our drinks order, and sat open-mouthed as 2 tables that arrived after us had their orders taken and delivered.

Once taken, the drinks arrived but were wrong and had to be sent back.

We placed our food order and ordered some bread and olive oil, which arrived promptly.

Whilst waiting for the mains, I noticed that the waiter was bringing food out of the kitchen ad hoc.
Circling the restaurant and putting plates of food down at various tables.
It was clear that the kitchen was selecting dishes that different tables had ordered and sending them out all at once.....
My wife’s dish came and the table next to us had ordered the same so both my wife and the table next to us were able to start their meal.

Around 15 minutes later the waiter appeared with my dish which he had 3 of and served them to 2 other tables before getting to me.

I attempted to get some attention as I wanted to order another drink, but gave up as the waiter and manager just ignored me.

Throughout, we could hear other diners complaining about their orders and the time that we’re having to wait.
On one table (of 4), 3 diners got their meal and the 4th was forgotten about completely.

The food was certainly not up to the standards that we had experienced before and both my wife and I left half of it.

I asked for the bill, and again. had to wait for 10 minutes before we got fed up and went to the bar to pay.

It was chaotic in there.

The management need to get more staff and improve the standards significantly as the whole experience was very poor.