All reviews rolls royce butler service complimentary rolls hyde park cigar terrace park view beautiful boutique hotel harvey nichols one bedroom suite afternoon tea marble bathroom concierge team four seasons an upgrade upon check small hotel amazing hotel
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Well to start this is located in a great location. Although make sure to tell the driver the hotel is off the main street or they will drive around a few times.

The decor is beautiful.. There are three areas downstairs. Cigar Bar inside to the left, the liquor bar is inside to the right, and the restaurant is straight back to the right.

Starting out their Cigar collection is one of the largest in the world that is at a hotel. Amazing. Their scotch collection is amazing and they have very rare scotch and again you will not be disappointed.

The staff is very friendly, but I was not impressed by their Concierge. They actually were no help at all, and acted as though we were putting them out when we asked for help. I was very disappointed in all honesty and they really need to step that up.

The room was absolutely beautiful we had a suite, and I will say I have no complaints at all.

In closing I will stay here again no problem...

Room tip: Have a Cigar and Scotch.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Magdalena S, Front Office Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear peterwright09,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent stay at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites and the offering in the Cigar Lounge. Thank you for your feedback regarding all aspects of your experience, it is with comments like this that can help us improve our service. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2018

This has become my favorite hotel in all of London. While I'm an SPG loyalist, this property exceeded my already high expectations. From knowing our names from check-in to check-out, to the heated bathroom floors, to the butler service and free use of the hotel car (when available), and the fresh-squeezed juice at breakfast...all top notch. It was quiet despite renovations happening on the property and the central location made it easy to get to almost anywhere in London. Finally, the beds are super comfortable...great sleep. Can't wait to visit again!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Magdalena S, Front Office Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Kebmr25,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We are delighted to have become your favourite hotel in all of London.
Rest assured we have shared your kind comments with the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you again soon here at The Wellesley Knightsbridge.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My husband stayed here over the weekend to celebrate an anniversary. Upon arrival we had to park the car on the road for the door men to park it for us off street. It wasn’t detailed that parking would be £65 per night. Once we got through the doors we were hit with and air of luxury. The check in was quick and we were taken to our room where we met our butler. The room was decorated with red and gold petals which was so sweet. The bathroom was marble and so decadent. They provide a mobile phone and iPad for guests to use if they want to visit the city. It’s 2min drive to Harrods, Buddha bar and Mr Chow. The room service was tasty but a little on the expensive side - to be fair it is luxury at its finest. I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Magdalena S, Front Office Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Cordei M,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Wellesley Knightsbridge. We are delighted that you have appreciated the artistic touch of our rooms as well as the romantic setting prepared by our butler team. We are flattered that you have chosen us for such a special occasion and we look forward to creating more memorable experiences for you.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a really elegant lobby as well as pretty rooms and charming hallways. Their staff is really pleasant and always willing to work hard to provide courteous service. However, if you are pregnant, have children, or just plain don’t like the smell of smoke, do not stay here. There is a cigar bar adjacent to the lobby. It is impossible to stand in the lobby for more than a few seconds if you are sensitive to cigar smoke. The smell permeates everything on the lower level, the elevators, the hallways, and even the staff who show up to serve your room bring the smell in with them. In fact, my husband and I could smell the hotel from a few hotels away when approaching on the street. We mentioned it to the staff and considered moving to a room on a higher floor but decided to stick it out. We could only smell it in the room when room service came up but it was definitely present in the hallway. But the strange thing was that when we mentioned it, the front desk staff said they hadn’t received a complaint like that before. What??? By the way, that seems to be contradicted by at least one other review I saw on here.

Overall, the staff seem really pleasant and eager to please. It’s just perplexing to me that a) this issue hasn’t come up before and b) they wouldn’t anticipate it could be a problem to people and be really clear about it when booking.

2  Thank Rose K
Magdalena S, Front Office Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Rose K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Wellesley Knightsbridge. I was particularly pleased with your comments regarding our hotel design and the pleasant service you’ve received from our team.
I was naturally disappointed to read your comments regarding some aspects of your stay which you were less impressed with. As part of our continued commitment to renew and improve our property, we are reinventing our Cigar Terrace and I do apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay this may have caused. These improvements are designed to help reduce the amount of cigar smoke in our Lobby. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Beautiful boutique hotel in the heart of the ritzy toney London area and if you love the smell of cigars, then you have found your "go to" hotel in London as the very small lobby, bar and restaurant area is consumed with the cigar bar and you cannot escape the smoke smell even in the elevators and on at least the first couple of floors. When I mentioned it to the front desk personnel almost in passing, the response was "well, we are expanding the cigar bar," so clearly they did not smell my drift. But for that issue (and in all fairness I cannot stand cigar smoke--worse than cigarette smoke for me) I would give the hotel a 4 or even 5 rating as the rooms are nice, showers great, bathroom spacious—complete with a “business cleaning” toilet—and the staff very accommodating and professional.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 366jds
Magdalena S, Front Office Manager at The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear 366jds,

Thank you for taking the time for reviewing your most recent stay at The Wellesley Knightsbridge.
We are most appreciative of all your kind comments with regards to the interior design and the service. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!