“Easter Sunday”

Price range: US$24 - US$80
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: The New Street Grill is, as the name suggests, a modern take on the British Grill restaurant located in the heart of the city, where superbly aged steaks & joints of meat are all grilled in the wood fired Josper oven. The menu includes a selection of beef, lamb, poultry & of course great game in season, with a little day boat fish and interesting vegetarian dishes. The food style reflects modern, classic & traditional heritage, thereby giving a balanced and interesting menu choice. Alongside the great steaks & joints of meat, we unearth some of Britain's forgotten food heritage, following the seasons accordingly.With an outside walled terrace, New Street Grill comprises two rooms, each decorated in rich warm tones with areas of exposed brickwork, creating a stylish and contemporary rough-luxe space.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had booked a table on Sunday with my parents to celebrate Easter Sunday and my Father’s 60th Birthday.
Both the service and food were wonderful, one of the best Roast’s we’ve had in London and we all agreed we would return again in a second!

I am always impressed by D&D Restaurants in general but, this is the first review I’ve written to commend the business, New Street Grill in particular and the all staff.
We were given a very memorable experience over the Easter weekend, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend your NSG in the future.

SamuelPollard, General Manager at New Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear SJM8989

I am so glad that you and your family had such a good time with us and I am especially proud we are the first restaurant in the D&D group you reviewed. Having worked for the company for 11 years I will take that a massive compliment.

Please do let us know when you will be joining us next time and will be sure to say hello.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for Sunday lunch last weekend- and it did not disappoint! We had a fabulous lunch, the roast beef was fantastic, the meat was cooked to perfection, the steak was also delicious. The restaurant is lovely throughout, and Julien who looked after us was amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and his friendly and professional manner was exemplary. FULL MARKS New Street Grill we will absolutely recommend and return!

SamuelPollard, General Manager at New Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear CeeandRob

I am so glad you had such a good time with us on Sunday. Julien and his team are doing a wonderful job at the moment and I am so glad that they impressed you so much.

Let us know when your planning to come back and I will have Julien waiting with a couple of glasses of Champagne for you from us :)

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Attended last Sunday afternoon with a birthday celebrating party of 7 relatives, all of whom seemed to happy with their meal, although my £26 sea-bass main course was very disappointing as it was served at best luke warm, parts of it stone cold including the stuffing. Clearly it had been prepared in a different time sequence to the other 6 main courses & had been held back. The fish itself was great quality but was just poor in in it's presentation. I did not report this to the serving team as I was not paying for the meal & I did not want to upset or embarrass my younger relatives. So overall a good place with excellent service & food, but maybe just needs to consider more quality control at the point of service.

SamuelPollard, General Manager at New Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Russell G

Thank you for providing your feedback following your meal last weekend. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the temperature of the fish and I will definitely follow this up with the team.

I am glad that the other guests in your party were happy and I hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you and show you personally how good we usually are?

I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I attended their bottomless brunch and I was delightfully impressed. The service is amazing with superb attention to detail and timing. The staff were exceptional and the food exquisite. I must also mention the great service we received from our very friendly waiter Julien. Thank you. I can't wait to return!

SamuelPollard, General Manager at New Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear Emma W

Thank for your review the team and I are so happy when we receive such great comments.

We hope this means you will be back soon?

Best

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Yesterday I visited New Street Grill with my daughter and her boyfriend. Food was excellent and the setting was beautiful especially by the large window overlooking the courtyard. The 2 guys who looked after us Ricardo and John were particularly attentive and as always good service is the biggest attraction with any venue. Do try it out very close to Liverpool station.

SamuelPollard, General Manager at New Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Stephen

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your recent meal with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed the food and the service from Ricardo and Jon, we agree that excellent service is quite often the difference so glad that you felt this.

We hope this means we will see you again soon?