“Excellent ale”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Met up with a friend and went for a few beers. Really nice pub, very well kept ales and friendly staff. I didn't try the food but the menu looked good. I would definitely recommend this place and I hope to be back again sometime.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Went here with a friend for a few beers and ended up having Sunday lunch in the restaurant section. The pork belly was fantastic. The service was excellent.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Apart from the fact that this is a very pleasant pub with good booze for your money and a great atmosphere...I have never been so impressed by a pub's toilets. There was little baskets full of all your needs, dry shampoo, female toiletries just everything was a little touch in a cute little hamper, it made all of our nights. There isn't one place in London, or infact anywhere I have been in the world that has catered to our needs like that. So caring and a lovely touch to a great night! Balham bowls you have impressed us and we love you!

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Love this place. It's in a large old building that hold many different rooms. The staff are fast and friendly. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

I went for a Sunday lunch for a friends birthday recently.
The food was amazing and I cannot fault it. Great choice on the menu and I had the roast lamb. Portion sizes are huge and you feel like you are getting good value for money.
The customer service could do with an overhaul though which lets it down severely. When we arrived in the left hand bar, we were left waiting to order a drink for at least 5 minutes because the bar man was propped up chatting to the only other two people at the bar.
We were then shown to our table and were not given any menus for half an hour. When the waiter came to take our order, we explained that we havnt been issued with menus yet. Another half an hour later and we ordered.
The waiter mocked someone in our party for ordering a straw for their drink saying that they were bad for the environment despite them being paper straws which was unnecessary.
When it came to me leaving, I went to the bar to pay for my meal as the rest of my party were ordering deserts and I had to leave before the bill came. A receipt was dumped in front of me and I was told to calculate how much I owed myself even though the prices weren't shown separately on the receipt. When I asked how much two items were, the waitress got indignant and said can she not just issue the bill to the table so that the party could split it themselves. I explained that they were not ready to leave yet and she begrudgingly asked another waiter to pass her the menu so that she could calculate it herself. When I went to pay my part in cash, that was another hurdle to overcome and some more huffing ensued as they don't have a till in the restaurant. Another waiter went off to get my change and when he returned I got criticised for our party not being able to split the bill themselves. At that point, I was getting cross so explained that I didn't think it was necessary to get stroppy with me because I had to leave and wanted to pay off my element of the bill.I explained to the lady behind the bar that she had made me feel like s**t for me having to leave and pay off my debts and Was told that that was not the case but didn't receive an apology. Needless to say that I did not give a tip. My tip would be to be a little bit more polite to customers