Lowest prices for your stay
US$131
Free cancellation until 28/06/21
Expedia.comUS$136
PricelineUS$109
travelup.comUS$146
All reviews vincent square victoria station westminster cathedral continental breakfast lovely hotel quiet location sister hotel lovely room major attractions business trip superior room stayed here for one night bath heating pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

I have to admit making a mistake and booking a 4 night work stay at the Wellington ..... I stay in a lot of London hotels but this was the worst by far and this certainly isn’t a 4* standard. Where do I start ... maybe the broken electronic lock that locked me out of my room or the kitchen extractor fans stinking the room... possibly the fake executive room photos on their site ... or the group of 15 men sitting drinking in the front garden learing at arriving female guests.. or the broken lift ... or the thin freezing duvet... or the dirty food trays lying in the corridors outside your room all night and all day .... I could go on... No, I think I’ll start with asking for an iron and when it arrived I plugged it with a blue flash only to find the bare wire on worn out cable which touched the board. .... close call, but don’t worry I took it to reception and they just changed it for another and offered me a drink to get over the ‘shock’. If you can put up with all that ... the bathrooms were clean.... would I stay again? Not a chance and please don’t subject yourself to this. I cancelled the rest of my bookings here and lived to stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank miked102
Sarah Ermisch, General Manager at Wellington Hotel by Blue Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Miked102,

Thank you for taking time to provide your review following your recent stay with us. We are concerned to receive your comments and apologise for any shortcomings you may have experienced.

I would like to assure you that these are certainly not the standards that are reflective of our hotels and the service we aspire to provide at the Wellington Hotel. If you let the hotel staff know of any concerns during your stay our staff can address any problems immediately.

Our garden is a popular venue with both local residents and guests particularly with the Covid-19 outdoor bar and restaurant restrictions and more recently with the beautiful sunny weather. Any inappropriate behaviour from any guests will not be tolerated and I hope that you brought this to the attention of the hotel's Duty Manager to deal with appropriately.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and restore your faith in our hotel group.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2021

I’d like to preface this review by saying I am very difficult to please when it comes to hospitality seeing that I work in hospitality. We stayed here for a weekend during lockdown and even though absolutely everything in London was closed we still had an incredible stay because the service at the hotel was outstanding. They offered a wide assortment of breakfast options, tended to each and every one of our requests (which were quite a few due to having to receive meals and parcels through Deliveroo and DPD), when we experienced issues with our room’s mini fridge we were upgraded to a bigger room for free in which the fridge worked perfectly.

They offered room service until late hours of the night, one night we called in to order food and the kitchen had closed so they didn’t have all of the menu items available and I was craving dessert along with my meal. Since they couldn’t offer me the dessert I wanted, they gave me a free assortment of biscuits and cookies to munch on at 1 AM.

Finally, I had a parcel from ASOS scheduled to be delivered during my stay but issues with the courier made that impossible. I had to change the date in which I was to receive my parcel but the courier would not allow me to change the location it was to be delivered. The hotel, in particular Dragi at the front desk, was considerate and gracious enough to receive my parcel days after I had left the hotel and my stay was over. I don’t think the staff at another hote would have been as accommodating.

They truly went above and beyond for us to enjoy our London stay during these difficult times. I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE under any circumstance. I can guarantee based on my experience alone, which exceeded every single one of my expectations, your stay will be enjoyable and you definitely get your money’s worth.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanielaLuciaPA

Dear DanielaLuciaPA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your great stay at the Wellington Hotel by Blue Orchid.

We are delighted to hear your stay with us was so successful and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back, for another great experience in the near future!

Best regards and stay safe,

Reviewed 30 October 2020 via mobile

Our family have just returned from a long weekend stay in London.
It was our first stay at this hotel and what a lovely gem right in the centre of London it was.
Straight from the start we were made to feel very welcome by the manager- Drazden.
He was incredibly helpful, attentive and charming.
We were delighted with the room (large and spacious) view, breakfast (absolutely amazing) dinner, staff and more importantly felt completely safe throughout our stay. New measures, rules and checks were totally spot on.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Camilla_BL_G
Sarah Ermisch, General Manager at Wellington Hotel by Blue Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

We are very pleased to hear your first stay with us was so successful and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great central location and we hope you will come back again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2020

We had an exception 1 night offer and decided to upgrade and pay for a second night & breakfast.

Hotel has lovely decor, the location great and the staff were pleasant.

Only 3 stars rates, as unfortunately many, many service errors. None major (most funny) but not what we were expecting.... wrong bar drinks delivered, had to ask for milk for cereal, had to ask for butter with toast etc..
Best was (you have to list all the breakfast items you required the night before) I only received part of my English breakfast - the egg and sausage would follow I was told !!! Egg arrived (looking sad on a plate of it's own) 10 mins later but no sausages - told chef said too late to cook more..... Made us laugh...

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank Kris-LondonGB
Sarah Ermisch, General Manager at Wellington Hotel by Blue Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2020

We are disappointed to learn of your breakfast experience. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future when every endeavour will be made to ensure that you witness the high standards more usually associated with the Wellington Hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2020 via mobile

Check in was good. Room was lovely to start with, until we realised the thermostat did not work and it was too cold. We were moved without fuss immediately, unfortunately into a down graded room, but it was warm. The bed however (room 203) was the hardest thing I’ve ever tried to sleep on. The hotel was clean and the staff fantastic. The evening meal which was part of our ‘deal’ was very good and in keeping with its Westminster rival restaurants. The breakfast was also very good. The stay was enjoyable although I couldn’t have spent another night on that bed. I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank barrym409

Thank you for your recommendation. Your comments have been noted and we apologise that you experienced any difficulties during your stay.