“Must try”

Ranked #1,029 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Typical fish and chip restaurant and takeaway in the heart of Westminster.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fresh, authentic fish & chips in the city! Cod and rock is a must!

The staff is very friendly, been here since 1982 :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had some very disappointing fish & chips at a pub at the beginning of my London visit. During a previous visit to the UK some years ago I had really good fish & chips at different places, so I was a little concerned that something had changed. I had never visited a traditional chip shop, so it was high on my list. As it worked out, The Laughing Halibut was only a few blocks from my hotel, so I was eager to try it.

I was very pleased to discover that this shop has excellent fish & chips! The cod reminded me of the really good cod fish I used to get in a fish & chip place in New England when I was a kid. I enjoyed it so much I made a point to eat there a second time and it was equally as good. My wife tried the halibut and thought it was excellent.

The shop has a very friendly atmosphere with good service, overall a great traditional chip shop experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed the traditional fish & chips very much. We ate in the restaurant side of the establishment. There were a wide array of choices of fish type and portion sizes. There were also other meat choices and, I believe, some vegetarian choices. The restaurant has very limited seating, so I wouldn't recommend this location for a large group. I think the largest table was for 4 people(?). The service was typical European. Friendly, but not overly intrusive. The prices were typical for the area. Lunch for two (with soda to drink) cost us about $30.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

I like coming to this chips shop because the fish is so fresh the staff are friendly the best fish and chip shop in london i hightly recommend it. everything is so fresh

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Lovely food in here, traditional fish and chip shop style food.

Can sit down or get it to take away. I sat in, they didn’t have a table available at the time but quickly found us one.

Reasonable prices in here as well.